winter flu?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

luvs

Master Chef
we got that flu. sheesh, headaches, wanting to give your meal to your porcelain, sleepy till you could nod away during a conversation, nodding away often, achy, crabby.....

know that feeling .. had it about a month ago ..now i went and got pneumonia .. i mostly feel fine .. just tire easy. think the doctor is loony.

ahhh, tee-hee my docs lack typical lunicital behavior, though kinda acquired a few, um, loony couple of 'em.:LOL:

Last edited:
Correct me if I'm wrong but I thought that doctors can now give you a shot or something else to reduce the effects and duration of the flu. It's not a cure but supposedly it makes you feel better. But then again maybe it has to be given at the first sign of the flu to be effective. Also there's a cortisone shot (Dr. Feelgood shot is what we call it) that makes you feel human again and works within hours. It cuts down on all upper respiratory inflammation. We wouldn't trade our family doctor for anything and he does have a wacky sense of humor and LOVES children. Hope that your family feels better soon, luvs!!!

expatgirl said:
Correct me if I'm wrong but I thought that doctors can now give you a shot or something else to reduce the effects and duration of the flu. It's not a cure but supposedly it makes you feel better. But then again maybe it has to be given at the first sign of the flu to be effective. Also there's a cortisone shot (Dr. Feelgood shot is what we call it) that makes you feel human again and works within hours. It cuts down on all upper respiratory inflammation. We wouldn't trade our family doctor for anything and he does have a wacky sense of humor and LOVES children. Hope that your family feels better soon, luvs!!!

I think you're right that there is a shot that can help, but you have to be quick about recognizing that you have the flu and get to the Dr. Also, if you're urping, you don't have that kind of flu. You actually don't have any kind of flu, technically, if you have the stomach variety. That is a different kind of virus.

BC

quite got flu. stomach's minor & is usually ill. aches & headaches& coughing predominiate. gotten flu often enough, tee-hee, to decide if i've obtained flu or a virus.
& thanks 'bout that immunization info, 'cept i won't get them. former teacher went blind due to a reaction to hers.

Last edited:
Well, the shot or medicine that I'm referring to is not an immunization. Immunizations are given to build up antibodies in your system over time and usually only given when you are healthy as a horse--they won't give you a flu shot if you are running a fever, feeling run down, high blood pressure, etc.----a flu shot takes about 10 days to build up the antibodies---what I'm referring to is something to counterattack the virus's "Yuck" factor once you get it--they won't cure it--just make you feel better because they take care of the symptoms that make you feel so bad in the first place which is usually some type of inflammation------nasal passages, sinus passages, bronchial passages, etc. Nothing feels worse than feeling like your head has been pumped up 3 times its normal size and to have coughing and congestion to go along with it. I think the medication is called the tamiflu but I do believe that it has to be taken with the onset of the symptoms----the Dr. Feelgood shot I'm not sure about-----neither are immunizations.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom