Winter Ickiness

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Alix said:
Whats it like where you live? What do you think its all about?

Norfolk , UK is very very windy. All the germs get blown away. Come and try it here:)

Do hope you'll feel better soon.

The saying is " Norfolk winds are lazy, they go through you not round you"!!

csalt, my jaw dropped when I read your post. This bit,
" Norfolk winds are lazy, they go through you not round you"!!
is what did it. Thats what we say about winter winds here in Alberta. Sounds like Norfolk would be a little slice of home for me then.

kadesma said:
Alix,
DH isn't home or I'd ask but, be careful what you take when on anti-biotics..You don't want to reduce the effectivness of the med nor cause some sort of reaction to them..I'd check with the doctors office before taking or adding anything..It's hard I know to suffer through illness, but you have to make sure the meds can do what they are supposed to do. Also, some stay in your system up to 10 days after the last dose..Be cautious..Get well:)

kadesma

Kadesama and Alix, I just checked with my BIL who is an MD and he said a few anitbiotics, he mentioned tetracycline, can be inhibited by the fat in dairy products if taken at the same time. He said to wait one hour after taking antibiotic to take any yogurt, but with most antibiotics, this is not an issue. BUT check with your doc, do not take my opinion.:)

Alix said:
csalt, my jaw dropped when I read your post. This bit, is what did it. Thats what we say about winter winds here in Alberta. Sounds like Norfolk would be a little slice of home for me then.

Well Alix, it's certainly a beautiful place and full of history. If you ever get the opportunity do visit East Anglia.

I am in Southern Calif. and have been hit with three different but similar ailments since Chrismas. I am in my second week of cough & now cold. Last month it was a nasty cold - no doctor or antibiotics, just tough it out. I did get some codeine for this cough. I have to get better, we're going to New York next week.! I typically get a cold every other year. Lots of folks around here have the same thing. Misery Loves company?? I don't know. Get well everyone.

Alix said:
So back to my original question. It seems that the cold/flu/whatever stuff that has been so prevalent here is not really so prevalent elsewhere. That seems to support my early winter, long winter being shut in as being a major cause in all this.

Alix, in January and February we had the same bug going around that you are describing. Several of my coworkers and myself had it, including my brother who never gets sick and he even stayed home from work for a week, which usually takes an act of Congress.

I hope that both you and Mish feel better soon. :)

I had the flu, followed by bronchitis, followed by a stomach virus with NO break in between any of them. Allergy season is horrible. I wake up in the morning and can't even see for the stuff in my eyes. I use eye drops all day long too. I should have checked to see if I was allergic to Oak trees before I ever moved in a neighborhood called Oakwood!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Even my dog is allergic to Oak trees and has to take shots. Now the trees are budding. The tassels will soon fall and we'll be even more miserable! OK, I'm done with my pity party.

Alix and Mish - I hope you feel better soon! It seems this year we too were hit by a bug that was attached at the hip!

Back
Top Bottom