Wisconsin man downs his 30,000th Big Mac burger

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Freaks of nature. There are people all over the world who live on foods that would have killed me by the time I was 30.

A guy who lived into his nineties off of nothing but tea with cream and sugar. A guy who lived to 104 who ate fatback and toast every morning for all his adult life. My parents are 86 and 84, and still have "happy hour" every evening -- a 60-plus year tradition, consisting of a vodka martini for mom, and a Manhattan for dad. Large ones. Straight booze. They will most likely out-live me.

Some people get all the luck.

CD

OK, not only did he keep receipts, wrappers and styrofoam boxes, he had to average about two Big Macs a day for 46 years!

That's not commitment, that's insanity.

Stories like these, along with food eating contests just disgust me.

I'm not sure why. Unlike some of the food competition stories, this guy isn't stuffing his face with 50 Big Macs in a single sitting. And although a bit odd, he hasn't hurt anyone with his obsession. Apparently not even himself.

“People make fun of me, but it never bothered me,” Gorske said. “At my last medical check-up I had low cholesterol and my blood pressure was perfect.”

I would also bet there are people out there who have eaten more than he has. He just happens to have kept meticulous records.

Last edited:
Tangentially, I had a buddy that smoked Marlboros like a chimney, but saved thousands upon 10s of thousands of those little point cards on every pack to use on the iron lung they offered in their rewards program.

Only smokers will get this.

Tangentially, I had a buddy that smoked Marlboros like a chimney, but saved thousands upon 10s of thousands of those little point cards on every pack to use on the iron lung they offered in their rewards program.

Only smokers will get this.

I like this sign...

Attachments

• serveimage.jpeg
    serveimage.jpeg
    20.6 KB · Views: 138
Stories like these, along with food eating contests just disgust me.

I am with you on that! I just want to know why? What was the purpose of eating all that and then keep a record of it all? The last time I had a Burger King burger was two summers ago. It was the Jr. size. And I didn't even finish it. That is my record.

Well, at least he's not committing a crime. It's not like someone of a criminal mind with a serial fixation. But despite his good physical check ups he certainly has issues....

Well, at least he's not committing a crime. It's not like someone of a criminal mind with a serial fixation. But despite his good physical check ups he certainly has issues....

Lots of people have weird eating habits and they are not all unhealthy. I had a SIL who made a big pot of lentil soup on Sunday and portioned that out for her meals all week. She added raw cabbage and some cheese to round out the nutritional content and that's all she ate. Every day of the week. Every week of the year. It was cheap and healthful.

Lots of people have weird eating habits and they are not all unhealthy. I had a SIL who made a big pot of lentil soup on Sunday and portioned that out for her meals all week. She added raw cabbage and some cheese to round out the nutritional content and that's all she ate. Every day of the week. Every week of the year. It was cheap and healthful.

That seems like a harsh punishment.

OK, not only did he keep receipts, wrappers and styrofoam boxes, he had to average about two Big Macs a day for 46 years!

That's not commitment, that's insanity.

That is full on passion and dedication to a goal. One very unique goal.

So much for "writing the great American novel."

CD:D
lol I so get that. Have you been to Fond du Lac? I have. My Dh is from Fond du Lac. I can completely understand the need for purpose up there. If I had a chance to move to an isolated island or Fond du Lac I'd move to the isolated island. I've met the nicest people from there, it's just not my piece of cake.

Back
Top Bottom