Wish me luck!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
kadesma said:
You said WHAT!!!:LOL:

kadesma

It's common in the dance world that dancers say to each other, "merde" before going on stage instead of "good luck". Rumor had it that if you told another dancer good luck that he or she would have a bad show. I have no idea where that came from.:unsure:

Opiñanita said:
It's common in the dance world that dancers say to each other, "merde" before going on stage instead of "good luck". Rumor had it that if you told another dancer good luck that he or she would have a bad show. I have no idea where that came from.:unsure:

It's just like in the US, except we say "Break a leg." We also don't mention the name of Shakespeare's "Scottish Play."

Opiñanita said:
When I saw it, I just flashed back to when I was a kid and my gramere was on a toot about something or other...One of the first words I learned but was given the stern eye if I said it:LOL: And, yes I've heard it used as you say instead of good luck.

kadesma:)

You'll do great, I'm sure! Once you're out on that stage, you'll forget all about those butterflies! Be sure to let us know how your weekend is once you recover! {{hugs}}

The shows went well this last weekend. Both nights were sold out and the 2 shows next weekend already are sold out too. The first night was very "careful" Like we were all hesitant because we didn't want to make any mistakes. Last night was much better and we all pushed ourselves hard. I think the outcome and the energy was much better. We recieved a standing ovation. :cool:

Last night as I was driving home, I realized how sad I am that this is coming to an end. I've been spending time with the company members every weekend for the last 4 months. After the show next Saturday, it'll all be over. I'm gonna miss rehearsing and being with these people who find the same passion and peace through dance as I do. Oh well, there's always next year. :rolleyes:

Back
Top Bottom