Wish me luck

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Jeekinz

Washing Up
My favorite German restaurant that has been in business for years closed down a few months back. I sent the owner a letter begging for their German Meatball recipe. I have tried numerous times to duplicate it, but no luck. :glare:

So wish me luck!:clap:
When/If I get it, I'll share it with you guys....

......YEAH RIGHT! :LOL::ROFLMAO:

All the best Jeekinz. It is mighty hard to get these recipes. Hope he coughs up, probably depends if he has given up altogether or wants to start another place in the future.

Thanks....if there was a pool filled with these meatballs, I would jump in doing a cannonball.

good luck, man.

i tried to get a recipe like that once, from the soon retiring chef of a closing restaurant. it was for marinated/grilled pork chops. a few of the regulars offered him a coupla hundred dollars as a retirement "present", but he kept true to his word to the deceased owner and never gave it out.
even a bartender that i dated only knew some of the ingredients, but i've heard that she's figured it out. i've been trying to get her bf to get her to give me the recipe.

i'll reciprocate if i ever get my white whale.

I wish you luck!
I never got not sharing. I think it would be so flattering for someone to want to try to do what you did.

I feel for you.
I have been trying for a couple of recipes for years, myself.

At least it gives me something to putz with in the kitchen, sighhhhh

Thanks....if there was a pool filled with these meatballs, I would jump in doing a cannonball.

I would do a face plant :LOL:

I've been after my one buddy to give me his "house" chicken wing sauce for so long I don't even bother anymore. And he hasn't had a bar for six years :mad:
I wish you luck!

My favorite German restaurant that has been in business for years closed down a few months back. I sent the owner a letter begging for their German Meatball recipe. I have tried numerous times to duplicate it, but no luck. So wish me luck!When/If I get it, I'll share it with you guys.......YEAH RIGHT! :LOL::ROFLMAO:
I thought you were gonna say you bought the restaurant, I would have been so happy for you. I tried to get the recipe once for my favorite Mexican salsa and their bean and cheese burritos. The owner who had 5 of these little gems [restaurants] told me, "for $50,000 you can have whatever you want." I have tried and tried to no avail to duplicate but no such luck so far. I went to it everyday while in beauty college a hundred years ago...
I adore meatballs. This one is going to be my next effort toward the perfect ball, but then, I'll be getting the ingreds you list and will try that one too. I watched after tivo'ing this show wayyyyyy many times just to make sure I got it all. I saved it too, cause I want to make BF's too.

I wish you luck!
I never got not sharing. I think it would be so flattering for someone to want to try to do what you did.

On the one hand I can understand it- it's "IP," or Intellectual Property. Recipes, unlike songs or works of fiction, cannot be copyrighted. So anyone is free to duplicate them. A restaurant known for a particular item will often guard the recipe jealously to avoid another person from copying it & taking customers from them.

Me, on the other hand...I'm mostly willing to share my recipes. I think a good restaurant is about more than recipes. I could give you a recipe yet we'd each make it differently. I'm not very worried that someone will execute it better than I do, or take customers from me.

Back
Top Bottom