With this tattoo, I thee wed

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Don't they ever learn? A tattoo is forever and ever, a marriage......?

What's the point of tattooing it on his back if he can't read it there? No wonder he can't remember the words. He should have had it done on his arm or upside down on his tummy or something...

Chopstix said:
What's the point of tattooing it on his back if he can't read it there? No wonder he can't remember the words. He should have had it done on his arm or upside down on his tummy or something...

use mirrors.

We know a lady that instead of a wedding ring had part of her vows tattooed around her ring finger. It's great.

I love the idea of the tattoo around the ring finger!!!! Wish I had thought of it!! On this guy, sorry but if he did not put it where he would see it each and every day, it ain't gonna work!!!! The fact that he put it on his back ( most guys never look anywhere near their backs!) says that this is something he really isn't interested in. JMHO.

Think of all the saggy baggy drooping tats in 40 years time.

:ROFLMAO: That is why I am getting my first one on my shoulder blade in 3 weeks time!!! Am also getting the second on on the inside of my left forearm; in honor of my Grandpa. I'm not that overweight that either place will droop if I can ever lose some weight.:-p

Shunka said:
I love the idea of the tattoo around the ring finger!!!! Wish I had thought of it!! On this guy, sorry but if he did not put it where he would see it each and every day, it ain't gonna work!!!! The fact that he put it on his back ( most guys never look anywhere near their backs!) says that this is something he really isn't interested in. JMHO.

so do I!
Though, if Paul were to offer me another
diamond ring or a tattoo.. I know which one I'd pick!!
( I have it all picked out. lololol)

Sorry this reply is so late...but I just noticed it. I had to surf all the way back to July, but....:ohmy:

I think the idea/deed is cool. I can understand why he'd put it on his back. There would be less distraction there to anyone who'd actually want to read his vows. Put it on his chest, and rather than a person looking him in the eye to speak with him, they'd be busy reading and then just looking back and forth. The back is more of a 'wall to be painted on' than the chest, with it's nipples and other assorted hills and valleys. The back is a flatter surface.

A tattoo is a commitment to a moment in your life. The thought that the marriage could fail is not nearly as important as the fact that right now, at this moment in his life nothing is more important than the meaning behind those words. Regardless of what the future brings, he'll always remember how he felt at this time in his life.

I'm speaking from experience. I've got 10 tattoos, all telling the story of my life, chapter by chapter. I don't care if they should sag, that never was nor ever will be a concern of mine. The art is there because of how strongly I felt about periods of my life.

A hundred words on his back...must have taken a bit of time. Pretty cool, I say.

I REALLY hope he told his bride, and that she agreed to it, before he did it.

I'd have killed him.

Lee

Saw this thread this morning before I had to head to a doctor's appointment, but thought I'd add this.

Two little old ladies were in their doctor's office waiting their turn. In walks a young woman with a Dolly Partin-like chest. She was wearing a low-cut top in order to show the "twins" off and one of the little old ladies noticed a tatoo of a rose on one of them.

She leaned over to her friend and said, "Tsk! Tsk! I hope she realizes that in 40 years that will be a long-stemmed rose in a hanging basket.":ROFLMAO:

I told my doctor this joke today and he said he's seen some bizarre tatoos that weren't meant to be bizarre when they were applied.

A friend of mine many many years ago got married and she couldn't wear any jewelry so she had a beautiful tattoo in various colors put on her wedding rind finger.

It is very pretty.

I just read that article. That is so funny! He can't remember the wedding vows he wrote, so he had them tatooed on his back where he can't see them!!! LOLOL I wish there'd been a picture. (Or was there, and I couldn't see it?). 100 words on a person's back would be fun to see! :ROFLMAO:

I hope they stay married for a long time... having that many words removed by laser won't feel tooooo good.

Back
Top Bottom