Without thinking...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I did it:chef: - http://www.discusscooking.com/forums/f21/chicken-tikka-masala-dopiaza-78144.html#post1112278

I'm just so happy and so so shocked!! I have tried so many times to make Indian taste like the restaurant curry back home which I love and miss so much with living here in Russia but thanks to you guys here and titlis busy kitchen I managed to make today Chicken Tikka Masala(Dopiaza) :)

It tastes absolutely gourgeous and it was just such a pleasure making it from getting the ingredients from the market to reading all the recipes here and finally cooking it and now I'm so chuffed! Ok, I better calm down and go and dish up another portion:) I get a little passionate about cooking, sorry folks:blush:

I hope this also enspires others to try her recipes.

As Martha Stewart would say, passionate about cooking -- "it's a good thing."

Yesterday I was looking for garlic-ginger paste for that basic curry sauce recipe. Didn't find that, but got a jar of Korma Cooking Sauce; all you add is chicken. I'm hoping that will do me until I get the things I need for Titi's recipe. I was happy to see how many recipes she lists!

Forgot to say that this morning I sure would like some french toast or blueberry pancakes, but I'll go get a bowl of high-fiber cereal & 2%.:neutral:

Tinlizzie, I never realised that was one of her quotes but it makes me feel better and I'll keep up my passion for cooking as it just brings me so much pleasure and when I'm in the kitchen I forget about any worries:)

I also can't find garlic and ginger paste here in Moscow but I made my own by simply grating on a very fine grater and it produced a good paste so maybe you could try this? Also, going back to the recipe I have not got a liquidizer and used a hand mixer so could not achieve a smooth velvety consistency in the sauce but what just makes cooking so good you can always adapt and still get a good end result and the sauce came out nice and thick with small chunks of onion and tomatoes in and was very pleasant to eat:)

My first husband was a big fan of curry dishes. His sons take right after him. Not me. When he cooked it, I would leave the house. :(

As Martha Stewart would say, passionate about cooking -- "it's a good thing."

Yesterday I was looking for garlic-ginger paste for that basic curry sauce recipe. Didn't find that, but got a jar of Korma Cooking Sauce; all you add is chicken. I'm hoping that will do me until I get the things I need for Titi's recipe. I was happy to see how many recipes she lists!

Garlic-ginger paste is just 50/50 garlic and ginger. You can make it in a blender or food processor and add a bit of oil or water to make it easier to process.

Store-bought curry pastes are a great way to make authentic tasting Indian food. It can be hard to have all the right spices, freshly ground at home and the jars come close.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom