Without thinking...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Chief Longwind Of The North

Certified/Certifiable
Ok. Without thinking about it, what food or beverage do you crave right now.

Me, it's something I've never had, and don't know if it's ever been made, but I want it right now. I want an ice-cold, strawberry panacotta. Guess I'm going to have to understand yet again, that we can't have everything we want, when we want it. I think I'm going to have to go home and invent it, and then wait for it to chill.:( When it's comleted, my expresion will turn to this - :w00t2::mrgreen:

Seeeeeeeeya; Chief Longwind of the North

A-12 grade Kobe beef carpaccio. I've never had it and at $2,000 dollars per pound I would guess that I never will, therefore I want it

Last edited:
An ice cream sandwich. I love the chocolate cookie around that vanilla ice cream. I managed to keep from putting some in my basket yesterday. It wasn't easy!

sushi! a big freakin' platter of o-toro tuna, salmon, yellowtail belly, eel, masago, egg, white tuna, mackerel, octopus, red clam, sea urchin, shrimp and amaebi, and salmon skin temaki, california rolls, spider (crab tempura) rolls, and fugu temaki..

j/k about the fugu.

sushi! a big freakin' platter of o-toro tuna, salmon, yellowtail belly, eel, masago, egg, white tuna, mackerel, octopus, red clam, sea urchin, shrimp and amaebi, and salmon skin temaki, california rolls, spider (crab tempura) rolls, and fugu temaki..

j/k about the fugu.
All sounds good... except the sea urchin. Try as I might, that's one food I've never learned to appreciate. I've had it twice now. Both times it tasted like bitter orange goo.

Maybe I'm getting some bad urchin. :ermm:

orange?

i wonder if they had juice on them.

urchin should be briny, a little sweet, with a slight fishy (not in a bad way) flavour. i've only had it a few times, but that was when the chef recommended it because it was fresh.

i love the way sushi joints push the envelope by serving sea urchin gungkan style, topped with a raw quail egg. i mean, c'mon. they're just going for gross out or "challenging" sushi.

What I crave most of the time lately -- tortilla chips dipped in heated Monterey Jack cheese dip with a lot of diced jalapenos in it.

i love the way sushi joints push the envelope by serving sea urchin gungkan style, topped with a raw quail egg. i mean, c'mon. they're just going for gross out or "challenging" sushi.

It makes you wonder if they're just messing with us. I've never been to Thailand but in discussing it with Thai waiters and waitresses I've asked how spicy native Thai food is, and I've been told Americans often order it more spicy than traditional cuisine. I have no way of knowing if this is true.

I've also been told that chopsticks are not generally used in modern Thailand, that they supply them mainly as a concession to gringo Americans such as me. I'm pretty sure chopsticks are still often used in modern China and Japan.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom