"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > The Back Porch > Off Topic Discussions

Old 08-19-2005, 01:30 AM   #31
Head Chef

I agree with Andy.

My daughters love fun dip we even have them in Australia!!
I think she thinks you are just being cute hit her with the truth.

PS One of the guys at work always buys me my favourite chocolate- should I be thinking more into it????????? I am happily married, I always thought he was just being nice.

Old 08-19-2005, 04:22 PM   #32
Head Chef

DS, you never mentioned if she responded to the "I like you" comment via email? Just my 2cents, it's much more fun and interesting if you DONT come out and admit you have feelings for her yet. Afterall she's engaged, and regardless of what this guy does for a living, you should respect that. I know if it were me and a coworker came out and said he had a crush on me knowing I was engaged (regardless of how I felt about my fiancee, I would lose respect for him and think that he thinks lowly of me). Especially if I only see the guy as a coworker and at work, so basically don't consider him a friend yet, but just a good coworker. Not sure if you guys have seen each other socially outside of work yet...The scenario is completely different IMHO if you guys are friends vs. coworkers.
Just flirt like crazy and drop hints until she's ready to come for you.

Old 08-19-2005, 06:36 PM   #33
Assistant Cook

So after 32 posts we see that there are MANY different opinions on how to handle this...tell her, don't tell her, kinda tell her, give her candy, ignore her...sheesh, it's no wonder us guys have to go through this kind of agony! You woman are so **** confussing! Let's make this easy...why don't you handle this the way you feel in your heart is right. That way you succeed or fail by your own merit. You can't feel like perhaps somebody gave you the wrong advice, or be mad at yourself for listening to one person and not another. The only way you are going to grow as a person is by sometimes not getting what you want. I feel sorry for all the kids growing up right now. People try soooo hard to make everything "fair and nice". They don't keep score at AYSO soccer games because "everyone's a winner" or there aren't try-outs for Little League baseball so no one is hurt when they aren't picked. What kind of insane crap is this?! Sometimes you don't win the game. Someone has to lose. If you don't get picked on the baseball team, you go home and practice more so next year you will get picked. And sometimes, yes, even the woman you picture as your one true soulmate may say no. So, figure out exactly how you want to handle this and do it. And if she tells you no, then hold your head high knowing that you were man enough to express yourself and move on. Just be yourself. If she responds well to your efforts, you can be proud knowing that it was all you.
Old 08-19-2005, 07:25 PM   #34
Master Chef

Send a message via Yahoo to -DEADLY SUSHI-
She went to my manager and I have slapped with ***ual harrasment. My job is in jeapordy. My manager is treating different. This is it guys. Im going to be fired on Monday I think.
Old 08-19-2005, 07:35 PM   #35
Executive Chef

I hope not. I hadn't commented on your question, but I hope it isn't as bad as you seem to think.
Old 08-19-2005, 08:35 PM   #36
Master Chef

Well Sush, all I can say is that it's her loss. I guess she is one of the girls that are too hooked on the bad boy image. I'm sorry that it went this way. Maybe you can talk to your supervisor and tell them that you weren't harrassing, but rather, stating your feelings for her? Now days, there is such a fine line with ***ual harrassment. Some of the laws are not right, but, I guess they are put into place for the real victims. The sad thing is that others abuse it too much!! I'm sorry Sushi, I hope eveything works out for you.
Old 08-19-2005, 08:54 PM   #37
Head Chef

I'm so sorry to hear that, some women make it hard for others with true s...harrassment cases to be taken seriously, this seems to be an enormous overreaction but in todays overly litigous society its becoming the norm unfortunately. I can't believe she would go to the manager. I don't like her anymore! You can do better!
Old 08-19-2005, 09:17 PM   #38
Sous Chef

Oh my. Oh no! Sushi, I'm so sorry to hear your bad news. That girl doesn't know what she missed. Can you write? Make it into a story - it has all the elements of a novel. Maybe change the ending a little bit - or add to it. You'll make a million and have the last laugh. Seriously though, there are lots of wonderful people out there, and you'll meet someone who is smart, funny, enjoys your cooking and LOVES you because you're special. Hang in there. -Sandyj
Old 08-19-2005, 10:35 PM   #39
Senior Cook

Oh NO!!

I am going to be praying all weekend for you... and I hope that you tell us on Monday one way or the other what happened... that is so sad...

Makes one wonder what this world is coming to...

{{{{{{{DS}}}}}}}

All things are difficult before they are easy. -Thomas Fuller (1608-61)
Charlotte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2005, 10:44 PM   #40
Assistant Cook

Don't worry...she needs to have told you no in order to claim harassment. Be sure to contact a lawyer quickly.