"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > The Back Porch > Off Topic Discussions

Old 11-06-2007, 12:47 AM   #1
Head Chef

Women at home are doing serious business too...

Dear All

Women at home are doing serious business too like we do in our corporate world. Worth reading

Father came home and found his three children were outside, still in their pajamas, playing in the mud, with empty food boxes and wrappers strewn all around the front yard.

The door of his wife's car was open, as was the front door to the house and there was no sign of the dog.

Proceeding into the entry, he found an even bigger mess. A lamp had been knocked over, and the throw rug was wadded against one wall.

In the front room the TV was loudly blaring a cartoon, and the family room was strewn with toys and various items of clothing.

In the kitchen, dishes filled the sink, breakfast food was spilled on the counter, the fridge door was open wide, dog food was spilled on the floor, a broken glass lay under the table, and a small pile of sand was spread by the back door.

He quickly headed up the stairs, stepping over toys and more piles of clothes, looking for his wife.

He was worried she may be ill, or that something serious had happened.

He was met with a small trickle of water as it made its way out the bathroom door. As he peered inside he found wet towels, scummy soap and more toys strewn over the floor.

Miles of toilet paper lay in a heap and toothpaste had been smeared over the mirror and walls.

As he rushed to the bedroom, he found his wife still curled up in the bed, reading a novel.

She looked up at him, smiled, and asked how his day went.

He looked another bewildered and asked, "What happened here today?"

She again smiled and answered, "You know every day when you come home from work and you ask me what in the world did I do today ?"

"Yes," was his incredulous reply?

She answered, "Well, today I didn't do it."

Send this to a woman.

It's Priceless!!! !!!!!

And to a man so that he understands the value of a woman!!!

Old 11-06-2007, 01:31 AM   #2
Cook

I think this is priceless, it to bad that it is real. hopeffuly someday the percentage won`t
be as high as it is now. and that goes both ways with men and women. yes there is men out there that is in the same boat as this women.

Old 11-06-2007, 02:27 AM   #3
Master Chef

Send a message via Yahoo to ChefJune
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigjimbray View Post
I think this is priceless, it to bad that it is real. hopeffuly someday the percentage won`t
be as high as it is now. and that goes both ways with men and women. yes there is men out there that is in the same boat as this women.
Perhaps there are, but not even 1/100th as many!
Old 11-06-2007, 03:58 AM   #4
Sous Chef

Yeah, we housewives are generally misunderstood.
My boyfriend at least does not ask what I do all day, but other people do. They suggest that if only I get myself an education(I have a third level education and around 4 years related work experience but they presume I have no education), the world will be my oyster. Or else they grill me about what I studied and tell me what kind of job I could find with that education.
I am even called lazy and told I should get a job. Or that I should be helping the government by having a job and paying taxes. They dont seem to pay any attention to the fact that I have produced a child which is going to help pay for the people who will be old age pensioners in 15 years. People often dont have a clue how much looking after kids involves.
Old 11-06-2007, 07:14 AM   #5
Cook

I'd love to be a stay at home mom...less politics, and more rewarding! My neighbour is a stay at home mom, which is so rare these days. You can already tell how much her children have benefitted from it because they are really great kids! My mom stayed at home until I was 12, and I thank her everyday for it.
Old 11-06-2007, 07:25 AM   #6
Chef Extraordinaire

Send a message via AIM to suziquzie
That's so funny!!

I saw that as an into to "According to Jim" a year or so ago... (where did that show go btw)

Then about 2 months ago I was reaaly not feeling well, so I camped on the couch all day. My husband came home and just laughed.... saying "wow, mom really IS sick today!!"
Old 11-06-2007, 07:34 AM   #7
Sous Chef

Less politics???!!!
Are u kidding m00nwater.
The second people know a women is pregnant, they start interfering with unasked for advise and coments, and it does not stop until I dont know when. I will let u know at what age the kids are when it stops if ever. Mine is not at that age yet. And then there are bossy and/or opinionated teachers and doctors who dont want to consider your parenting philosophies when telling u what to do. And then there are the neighbours and people in restaurants and shops who love children, but only as long as they behave like adults.
Old 11-06-2007, 09:28 AM   #8
Senior Cook

I'm lucky that my husband understands how much work is involved in staying home with children. In fact, he's said that he'd never want to switch places with me because he'd lose his mind! I give moms who work outside the home all the credit in the world~ I don't know how they do it.
Old 11-06-2007, 10:53 AM   #9
Executive Chef

I totally understand how hard it is being a mom,doctor,housekeeper,chauffer,physocologist(sp)c ook,laundry women,events organizer,accountant,teacher etc all rolled into one person the mom.Which is why opted out on having kids I dont think I could handle it I would have gone insane.Dont get me wrong I love kids and for some strange reason little kids are drawn to me little babies dont mind me holding them where they dont like other people holding them at all.
I got what I like to call the cure at an early age where I learned how hard it is as Im the oldest only girl of 3 younger brothers and had to help take care of them. At the age of 13 I decided I really dont want kids.So choosing not to have kids would make people look at me as its a strange thing and there must be something wrong with me.People would say OH when you get older you will meet a man fall in love and you will WANT to have babies .There women out there that dont get THE URGE which I think is perfectly natural.
So its danged if you and danged if you dont.
My pets are all the kids I need and they can be a handful at times but at least I can throw them out into yard when Ive had it.
Old 11-06-2007, 10:55 AM   #10
Executive Chef

I sent it to my SIL who is mom to 4 and my brother is very not helpful.