Wondering...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Alix

Everymom
Moderator Emeritus
This thread is for those weird thoughts that pop in to your head. Mini vents, pondering, whatever comes to mind. Here's mine to start...

Didja ever wonder about the mismatched sock thing? I mean really. Right now I have 6 unmatched socks and their mates are nowhere to be found. Let me be clear here, I have lots more than 6 unmatched socks...the 6 I am talking about are MY SOCKS! 6!!!! Thats just dumb. If its the stupid dryer sending them into another dimension I'm considering putting a note in there asking for mine back.

When I buy socks I make sure to buy multiple pair of the same exact sock so when one inevitably goes missing I do not have to get rid of its mate.

Me too. Which makes this even more odd. Seriously. (I should mention I have a LOT of socks because I have two daughters who habitually raid my sock drawer. In an effort to have socks of my own to wear I have a LOT of socks.)

At the moment I have one black, one grey, one light grey, one grey edged, one solid white and one white with a purple diamond on it.

Where the heck did you live? Going without socks is only an option here if you like freezing your feet off.

I was actually in NH and MA at the time. I would go without socks in sub zero weather. Believe it or not, you really get used to it. It is kind of like all the people who live in FL or other warm climes who need to put on a sweater if the temp drops below 70.

As soon as I started wearing socks again, I needed them or I was freezing. When I went without my feet hardly ever got cold.

my friend is also a bare feeter... and she almost ever wears Birkis.. you know Birkenstock shoes on your side of the water?

She wears "real" shoes only at work or in the heaviest winter.. and socks more rarely.. when we went hiking one day she couldn't find any socks and went barfeet in her hiking shoes...
guess what happened?? ;o)

about the mismatched socks..
don't you know they disappear into a parallel Universe?

NO socks! I have on two pair right now, with long johns, sweats, t-shirt, and a big fluffy fleece sweat shirt, all under a big 'ol blanket!!!!! Yes, I am camped out in front of the computer to learn as much as I can about cooking. Obviously HELL is freezing over here!!!!!

here's mine: how do I get so much crud under my fingernails just from handling paper and typing on a computer?

The stuff under fingernails is a mystery to me also. I don't even have them and stuff collects under there from doing NOTHING!

Personally, I think the sock thing is a conspiracy between the people who make appliances and the sock makers.

Seriously, I think that it is actually the washer that eats the socks. If you have a top loader, when you lift the lid you will see a space between the tub and the drum and light items like socks can get thrown in there. If you have a front loader, the drain is big enough for socks to go down. I had always heard this and it was confirmed when my daughter called one night and said her washer wouldn't drain and wanted to now if Daddy could come look at it. He did and when he looked in the drain hose, there was something stuck so he pulled it out and lo and behold it was a sock! So the best way to fix the problem is to buy one of those mesh laundry bags to put your light items in.

Hey Mama, good call on the laundry bag thing. I'd need an industrial sized one for all the socks in this house though! LOL

Another weird thought. Have you ever noticed that you can be out in the sun without your watch on but if you put it on in the house you end up with a watch mark tan line?

How the heck does dog fur get UNDER the car seats? Cleo can't even fit under there!

Erinny I personally believe that pet hair/fur is a living entity that grows and multiplies on it's own once it leaves its host animal. We rarely have our animals in the car and when we do we have the seats down and a cover over all that fits snugly and I still find fur and hair (we have both types of dog) on the actual seats and under them. Same thing happens in the house, it is EVERYWHERE!!!!!

There is enough dog hair around here to knit a new dog! Cat hair too, but German Shepherds shed like crazy!

:)Barbara

Back
Top Bottom