Woo HOO!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Thanks all, I got a big lump in my throat when I heard the news!

There still is a bit of work to do, but this was the big one, the one we've waited a long time for. No longer does our legal marital status change when we cross state lines!

Sent from my XT1080 using Discuss Cooking mobile app

My first thought when I heard the news was of you and another friend I have.

And then I thought of my granddaughter. She lives in Lewiston, Maine. I remember when she brought her "friend" down to meet me. I knew, but Annie wasn't sure if I did or not. So for the first 15 minutes, she skirted around the subject. So I mention you and how you had to go home to Maine to get married. I told her how happy I was for the both of you. I didn't have to say anymore. She started to cry and her mate went over and held her and gave her a gentle kiss on her cheek. At that moment I assured her of how glad I was that she had someone who really loved her. Then I asked them if they were going to get married. They weren't sure.

We next had a nice long talk about how she was so scared on how to tell me that she was gay and had found a mate that she was deeply in love with "Granny, I know how old fashion you are and I didn't think you would ever approve."

But I think the best news she gave me was that the whole town of Lewiston supports Annie and her mate. They are called "that cute gay couple that are very artistic." Aside from their regular jobs, they both make artistic works and a lot of the residents in town are buying them. And they have had special requests for portraits. They have sold enough that they could very easily support themselves without their regular jobs.

Last year when my daughter threw my 76th birthday bash for the whole family including spouses and children, she brought her spouse. And I introduced her as such to the rest of the family. She was so surprised as how accepting everyone was of her spouse. And so was I. My Annie has finally found the happiness she deserves. :angel:

Thanks all, I got a big lump in my throat when I heard the news!

There still is a bit of work to do, but this was the big one, the one we've waited a long time for. No longer does our legal marital status change when we cross state lines!

Sent from my XT1080 using Discuss Cooking mobile app
You can now decide to live in any one of the 50 states. No lump in my throat, but I was so thrilled to hear the ruling and thought of you two when I heard it on the radio. I am having lunch with my bro today. I love that he lives in the same city (for now) that I do.

Back
Top Bottom