WooHoo! It Works!!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Barbara L

Traveling Welcome Wagon
Right after we bought my new laptop, I bought a Slingbox Pro. James got it hooked up to the TV and DVR the other day, and I finally got the software downloaded and configured tonight. It works fantastically! For anyone who doesn't know what it is, it allows me to connect to my TV and DVR anywhere in the world (where there is wireless access). It will come in handy on the road and at home. On our vacation, I can access shows that I am recording and regular TV. I can set shows to record, and I can delete shows I have already seen. At home, I don't have satellite access in my sewing room. I can watch TV in there now while I am sewing. I have heard that the original Slingbox sometimes had a problem with a fuzzy picture, but this has a beautifully clear picture and sound. I am so happy! I'm not planning on watching TV on our whole vacation (I LOVE sight-seeing), but it is nice to know we can keep up with our regular shows while we are gone.

:)Barbara

That's pretty sweet. I'd like something like that. All I need is that and a laptop and I'm set!

As soon as the doctor says I am well enough to travel (I hope by next week) we are going to Iowa. We also hope to travel around through some of the states east of Iowa and hopefully meet some more DC members.

Thanks! We hope to. Not long after we get back, James starts his new job, so we're glad we will have time before that. :cool:

Barbara, I bought one of these for my brother this past Christmas. Same brand and everything. He returned it because he said he couldn't think of any time he'd "need it." I'm like, that's the whole point of a gift!! He's a real tech junkie usually. He just got his iPhone yesterday (waitied in line on day one and they were sold out). I fell like your Slingbox success a a strange vindication for me that it was a great purchase, even though he didn't keep it! Enjoy

I have been wanting a sling box since I first heard of them about a year or so ago. I am waiting until it is compatible with my iPhone though as that is the only device I would use it on. My laptop hardly ever leaves my home and i would never watch TV on my office computer.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom