WooHoo, My first successfully developed film.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Chile Chef

Sous Chef
573354794_4bwGh-X3.jpg

573354810_xE8vu-X3.jpg

I'm sorry for the poor quality of the photo's guys & gals, It's just the contact sheet and the negitives I've developed last week and today & I will show you all my 5x7 prints , soon.

The ones with the X marks the spots mean the one's I need to print for my transfer portfolio

Good for you, Chile. I've seen many of those sheets. My husband, Buck, was a professional. He graduated from Rochester Institute of Technology and ended up pursuing a successful career.

Keep on, keepin' on! You'll get there, too.

Good for you, Chile. I've seen many of those sheets. My husband, Buck, was a professional. He graduated from Rochester Institute of Technology and ended up pursuing a successful career.

Keep on, keepin' on! You'll get there, too.
Thank you Katie, I'm hoping I can do the same thing today, I'm not sure if that's possible any more since there is a lot of shutter bug's and cheap camera's.

In the negatives and contact sheet's Can you see a little bit of talent?

Also I've kind asked around the class room who had a lot of printable print's most said about 4-5, The one guy I'm getting to know he had about the same amount of printable print's.

I've pretty much had about 9 prints my teacher wants me to print on to a 5x7 sheet's for my portfolio.

Thank you Katie, I'm hoping I can do the same thing today, I'm not sure if that's possible any more since there is a lot of shutter bug's and cheap camera's.

In the negatives and contact sheet's Can you see a little bit of talent?

Also I've kind asked around the class room who had a lot of printable print's most said about 4-5, The one guy I'm getting to know he had about the same amount of printable print's.

I've pretty much had about 9 prints my teacher wants me to print on to a 5x7 sheet's for my portfolio.

A little difficult to tell, Chile, about talent since the images were a bit fuzzy. Listen carefully to your instructors and take good notes. And, practice, practice, practice.

A little difficult to tell, Chile, about talent since the images were a bit fuzzy. Listen carefully to your instructors and take good notes. And, practice, practice, practice.
You're right they're a little bit fuzzy do tot he 1:1 ratio of being a negitive and then shot with a digital SLR.

Chile, my dad was a photographer part-time while I was growing up. He did a lot of weddings, sports teams and portraits. He also took a lot of our vacation pics and even created our own Christmas cards. He had a darkroom set-up in the garage and developed and printed his own black and whites. It was a good income supplement to his regular job as a chemist for GE. We had a lot of fun going through the photos and making up the wedding albums and getting the team and individual pics together. Not sure what you plan on doing but that artistic eye will come in handy if you decide to do wedding shots. Dad had some pretty amazing compositions for weddings that really set him apart from the average. I even had him do my wedding because we couldn't find someone who would do those artistic shots like he did! Good luck to you in your endeavors. Yes there are lots of "cheap cameras" out there but a just because there's a lot of something doesn't mean that the quality is there! It takes someone with a good eye and a steady hand and the right know-how to produce consistently good pictures. Sure someone can get lucky with those point and shoots and come out with a wonderful one but the majority of them will be average.

Chile, my dad was a photographer part-time while I was growing up. He did a lot of weddings, sports teams and portraits. He also took a lot of our vacation pics and even created our own Christmas cards. He had a darkroom set-up in the garage and developed and printed his own black and whites. It was a good income supplement to his regular job as a chemist for GE. We had a lot of fun going through the photos and making up the wedding albums and getting the team and individual pics together. Not sure what you plan on doing but that artistic eye will come in handy if you decide to do wedding shots. Dad had some pretty amazing compositions for weddings that really set him apart from the average. I even had him do my wedding because we couldn't find someone who would do those artistic shots like he did! Good luck to you in your endeavors. Yes there are lots of "cheap cameras" out there but a just because there's a lot of something doesn't mean that the quality is there! It takes someone with a good eye and a steady hand and the right know-how to produce consistently good pictures. Sure someone can get lucky with those point and shoots and come out with a wonderful one but the majority of them will be average.
Thank you Jabbur, I see what your getting at, I'm now just getting to the point where everyone wants me to take their shots from graduation, events and so on. And it feels pretty good.

Keep in mind that it is not the camera, but the photographer that makes a good photo. Someone who knows what they are doing can take an amazing shot with a camera on a cell phone that is 5 years old. And the reverse is true too. Someone can own the best camera in the world, but if they don't know how to shoot then they will still get lousy pictures.

I have sold a few photos in my time. Not enough to live off of, but enough to help buy more camera stuff. For me it is a fun hobby.

Good luck and stick with it.

Those contact sheets bring back memories.
When I was a student living in a tiny singles' apartment I turned the tiny walk-in closet into a full darkroom. Fun times! I can still smell the chemicals.....:D

Keep in mind that it is not the camera, but the photographer that makes a good photo. Someone who knows what they are doing can take an amazing shot with a camera on a cell phone that is 5 years old. And the reverse is true too. Someone can own the best camera in the world, but if they don't know how to shoot then they will still get lousy pictures.

I have sold a few photos in my time. Not enough to live off of, but enough to help buy more camera stuff. For me it is a fun hobby.

Good luck and stick with it.
Thank you GB, The funnest part of the whole process would be putting your negatives in the dryer hit 20 minutes and wait 20 minutes until the red light goes off to see if your negs are good or bad!

Those contact sheets bring back memories.
When I was a student living in a tiny singles' apartment I turned the tiny walk-in closet into a full darkroom. Fun times! I can still smell the chemicals.....:D
They smell pretty good Don't they Roadfix?

Like I said to GB the funnest part is the 20 minute wait of your negative

There is a certain romance with the smells and then seeing things develop. I always enjoyed watching the paper in the developer tray and seeing the picture slowly appear. It was magic to this little girl's eyes and her dad was quite a magician to make it happen!

Kodak just retired Kodachrome film.
I really prefer my old Pentax 35mm to my Sony Mavica...

but what I want is an SLR digital style camera phone, LOL

I'm sure the film Blow Up used to be a popular film for some of us photo buffs back then. It sure was for me....:D
Well it is for me, And I'm liking the fact it's making my digital shooting a heck of a lot better.

Kodak just retired Kodachrome film.
I really prefer my old Pentax 35mm to my Sony Mavica...

but what I want is an SLR digital style camera phone, LOL
My mom has a Sony Mavica, If I'm thinking about the right one I will have to ask her later this evening. Oh yeah GrillingFool, They still make HC110 developer in the lap, Actually from what the teacher say's you still can buy it, but they make it in chem class.

Gee, that is an intersting hobby nowadays, when everything is done by machines. I got into photografy when everything was still done by hand and used develope all my film and prints. Had all the equipment. Actually kept it until right before leaving Soviet Union, by then I was doing a lot of coor and slides mostly, found that to be interesting. Those were fun days. Dark rooms, red lights, ehhh, oh yeah we are still talking about photografy. Good luck.

But of course, you can still have fun with digital photography. It's just a whole different aspect. You'll miss the film loading, both in the camera and the developing reel.....and all the nifty darkroom gear. Having your own darkroom earned cool bonus points too.

Back
Top Bottom