"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > The Back Porch > Off Topic Discussions

Old 02-22-2014, 12:54 PM   #331
Executive Chef

fortunately, i finally finished filming a fugacious fight in a flashback fantasy feature.

Old 02-22-2014, 12:56 PM   #332
Ogress Supreme

Site Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by vitauta View Post
fortunately, i finally finished filming a fugacious fight in a flashback fantasy feature.
Okay, that sentence would make me lose my teef...

Old 02-23-2014, 08:27 AM   #333
Head Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by purple.alien.giraffe View Post
I know the English language has its faults, but I think its abundance of synonims (sp?) is one of its strengths.
PAG is awarded three gold stars for the proper form of 'its' three times in one sentence! Nary an apostrophe to be seen. It's amazing!
Old 02-23-2014, 08:46 AM   #334
Ogress Supreme

Site Administrator

synonims (sp?)

synonyms
Old 02-23-2014, 02:43 PM   #335
Executive Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrincessFiona60 View Post
synonims (sp?)

synonyms
Spelling is my one of my biggest weeknesses. It's not for lack of trying, I just have trouble keeping it all memorized. Also, a lot of words look weird to me even when I've looked them up in a dictionary and know they are correct.
Old 02-23-2014, 02:45 PM   #336
Executive Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinlizzie View Post

PAG is awarded three gold stars for the proper form of 'its' three times in one sentence! Nary an apostrophe to be seen. It's amazing!
Haha, after proofreading I had to go back and change one. At least I caught it though. :D
Old 02-23-2014, 08:47 PM   #337
Ogress Supreme

Site Administrator

Quote:
Spelling is my one of my biggest weeknesses. It's not for lack of trying, I just have trouble keeping it all memorized. Also, a lot of words look weird to me even when I've looked them up in a dictionary and know they are correct.
I have the same problem, some words just look wrong even when they are right. I joke that I cannot spell, my left hand is the good speller and it goes on it's own. Most of the time I have to write a word down to make sure I have it correct...surprising I used to win all the spelling bees all the way up to the state finals.
Old 02-23-2014, 10:05 PM   #338
Executive Chef

Quote:
^^^
'weaknesses'. maybe make use of the spellcheck thingy on your computer? but don't feel bad about your spelling, pag. spelling has always come naturally to me. but i would much rather have your bright intelligence, your fertile imagination or your talent for descriptive writing, than be able to spell well. appreciate the special gifts you have in abundance, pag. they are a rare blessing. btw, didya know that most of our u.s. presidents have been lousy spellers and left handed?
Old 02-23-2014, 10:34 PM   #339
Executive Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by vitauta View Post

^^^
'weaknesses'. maybe make use of the spellcheck thingy on your computer? but don't feel bad about your spelling, pag. spelling has always come naturally to me. but i would much rather have your bright intelligence, your fertile imagination or your talent for descriptive writing, than be able to spell well. appreciate the special gifts you have in abundance, pag. they are a rare blessing. btw, didya know that most of our u.s. presidents have been lousy spellers and left handed?
Thank you Vit. I do appreciate them. My 9th grade English teacher told me that most people could either spell well or write well, only rarely could someone do both. She said I should be greatful I got the weakness that could be fixed with a dictionary. :)

I do use a dictionary and spell check when I am writing seriously, but I check DC and Facebook on my phone most of the time. Checking the words in its dictionary would mean composing comments in my notes, saving them, verify the words I needed in the dictionary, going back to the notes and making changes, then copying the text and pasting it in the comment box. I love you guys but you'll just have to forgive any spelling errors. :D
Old 02-23-2014, 10:39 PM   #340
Executive Chef

Also, don't underestimate your intelligence Vit. You are most likely smarter than you realize. Most people are likely smarter than they realize, but that is a potentially lengthy disscusion so message me if you are interested in hearing my thoughts about this.

The president trivia is nifty. I didn't know that.