Word or Words of the Day and Discussion

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Does everyone have a sister like this??? If she wasn't my sister I would have nothing to do with her.

Ya know, I actually know many people who have sisters they get along with, and actually like. The one upside to being parentless now is I don't have to deal with mine anymore.

Ya know, I actually know many people who have sisters they get along with, and actually like. The one upside to being parentless now is I don't have to deal with mine anymore.

My other sister is normal and fun, same as my brother. The odd sister has managed to alienate all 3 of us and our parents. Mom visits out of a sense of duty and maternal feelings. My Dad (the kindest man in the world) will have nothing to do with her.

Okay, enough about my sister...:wacko:

Does everyone have a sister like this??? If she wasn't my sister I would have nothing to do with her.
Nope. I only have one sister and we get along fine most of the time. We even enjoy each others company. We both agree that while we like and love each other, we wouldn't have been friends if we weren't sisters.

My other sister is normal and fun, same as my brother. The odd sister has managed to alienate all 3 of us and our parents. Mom visits out of a sense of duty and maternal feelings. My Dad (the kindest man in the world) will have nothing to do with her.

Okay, enough about my sister...:wacko:

:wacko: You know, she might just be one of Cat's gypsies. There has to be a reasonable explanation for her being that way. Maybe she fell on her head as an infant. Did a strange babysitter take care of her for a while? :angel:

buy
bī/
verb
verb: buy; 3rd person present: buys; past tense: bought; past participle: bought; gerund or present participle: buying

1. 1.
    obtain in exchange for payment.
    "we had to find some money to buy a house"
    synonyms:purchase, acquire, obtain, get, pick up; Moretake, procure, pay for;
    invest in;
    informalget hold of, snatch up, snap up, grab, score
    "they bought a new house"

antonyms:sell

• pay someone to give up an ownership, interest, or share.

• procure the loyalty and support of (someone) by bribery.
      "here was a man who could not be bought"

• be a means of obtaining (something) through exchange or payment.
      "money can't buy happiness"

• get by sacrifice or great effort.
      "greatness is dearly bought"

• make a profession of purchasing goods for a store or firm.

2. 2.
    informal
    accept the truth of.
    "I am not prepared to buy the claim that the ends justify the means"

3. 3.
    informal
    used to say that someone has died.
    "his friends had bought it in the jungle"

nouninformal

noun: buy; plural noun: buys
a purchase.
"the wine is a good buy at $3.49"
synonyms:purchase, investment, acquisition, gain; More

Good grief, Addie, I'm just halfway through my wake up coffee...

I will crash about two this afternoon until seven, then again at eleven 'til about three a.m. Short naps for me. I get more done that way. I will clean the kitchen this morning, and then the big room tonight while I watch The Wheel and Jeopardy. Also the World Series is on and of course I have to watch The Red Sox win! Go Red Sox! :angel:

Last edited:
I love short naps, unfortunately...my boss doesn't:ROFLMAO:

When I worked at Stone and Webster, around 3 o'clock I would feign cramps and go into a stall in the bathroom. I would stay there for about 15 minutes taking a nap. Did wonders for me. I was able to make it to five o'clock. :angel:

LOL!! I can just lock the door to the office and close the blinds...no one even knows I'm there.

I will crash about two this afternoon until seven, then again at eleven 'til about three a.m. Short naps for me. I get more done that way. I will clean the kitchen this morning, and then the big room tonight while I watch The Wheel and Jeopardy. Also the World Series is on and of course I have to watch The Red Sox win! Go Red Sox! :angel:
You can sleep this evening Addie. No Cards/Sox game since they travel to St. Louis today.
Sleeping twice per night seems to be the way most Westerners did for a very long time. Nifty article about that here: Your Ancestors Didn’t Sleep Like You
Didn't look at that article yet taxy, but are they calling it "Second Sleep"? Ran across that term when I was having long awake states during the night. I've never been a Straight-Eight kind of sleeper ever.

Back
Top Bottom