Work Out!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Claire

Master Chef
OK, this has been done before, but I can't find it. Maybe it's time for a new thread on an old subject.

What do you do for exercise? How long, how often?

When the weather's nice, a 2 to 3 mile walk around the 'hood. Otherwise, 30 to 45 minutes on the recumbent bike/rowing machine. While watching "Big Bang Theory", of course! I try to do one or the other daily.

Last edited:
Bad weather: Recumbent Stationary Bike in front of the TV and a stack of DVDs. The stairs at the hospital, only place with 8 flights accessible to the public. Besides, it's where my cardiologist is...:LOL:

Good weather: Bicycle (with training wheels:rolleyes:), walking, hiking. The stairs at the hospital.

My latest thing is that Tu, Th, Sat, I take a Zumba class. I love to dance and my husband does not, so I get a dance fix. When weather permits, I walk to and from, which means climbing (look up Galena IL on the internet). Then at least once a week, I climb to a friend's house to read to her. On Mondays, I go to a Pilates class; it is the best thing for sciatica, can't recommend it more.

Several times a week I do some weight lifting. Only 15 minutes here and there.

I forgot the weights, I do upper extremity weight-lifting every other day, takes about 20 minutes.

Summertime--I have a pool that I use as a 'treadmill'--I walk in circles til I get a good whirlpool going, and then walk the other way.

Winters--I have a recumbent bike, and I have been doing housework. :LOL:

I have had several different gym memberships but prefer classes. I go three mornings a week, an hour each.

I went from P2 to the 4th floor and back today at the hospital. That's six floors. It was a good thing I didn't go the distance and miss Shrek's appointment. He's absolutely hopeless at remembering what meds he takes. Makes me crazy that he sets them up for a month at a time.

I run outside when the weather's agreeable, and on a treadmill when it's not. I lift weights 3-4 times a week.

I went from P2 to the 4th floor and back today at the hospital. That's six floors. It was a good thing I didn't go the distance and miss Shrek's appointment. He's absolutely hopeless at remembering what meds he takes. Makes me crazy that he sets them up for a month at a time.

The last time my mother was hospitalized, I found the staircases and walked a few laps whenever I felt the need. I'm not a fitness nut, but sitting in an uncomfortable chair by a hospital bedside can make anyone crazy.

The last time my mother was hospitalized, I found the staircases and walked a few laps whenever I felt the need. I'm not a fitness nut, but sitting in an uncomfortable chair by a hospital bedside can make anyone crazy.

In the summer, I ride my bike to the hospital to do the stairs. That's 4 miles round trip plus eight floors. I'm anxious for the weather to be nice enough to ride again. I refuse to ride on wet, icy streets.

I walk or run once a day(usually in the morning, more walking than running, especially in the winter), then I walk my malamute for a half an hour before dinner. Before my separation I used to do a circuit routine on my Bowflex a few times a week, but now I can't fit it into my apartment. So, I bought some Kettle Bells, resistance bands, and a pilates ball. I have a small workout I do with those about 3 or 4 times a week. Just enough to make me uncomfortable, really stiff, and walk funny all week.:huh:

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom