World of Warcraft

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I'm pretty sure it was the Ultima series that made the first successful foray into the world of MMO gaming. I think around 1998 Ultima Online had around 100,000 users registered, which was big for its time.

I'm a big fan of WarCraft. My favorite is Warcraft III Reign of Chaos. The Frozen Throne left me a little cold, being even more dependent on magic. I couldn't bring myself to pay a monthly subscribtion to play WoW.

Im Italian. Yo. For the peoples that dont wanna pay dough a month.... its only 50 cents a day. Now LOOK at the fun. And look at your monitor. Is it a deal? Wanna meet cool people.... explore the land? Or sit on your muffin and type? I'll pay for a month if you dont like it!*

* I aint paying a month for you snapper head. :dry:

I got WoW for Christmas. I still haven't got to start playing yet. My computer should be back within a few days. But now there's an expansion coming out, and pretty much the only way to have any fun after it comes out is by getting it.

A small group of me and some friends are starting together. 3 of us will be Blood Elf Paladins, and the 3rd will be a Blood Elf Shaman.
We also considered 3 Rogues too.

I used to like ZORK ... remember way back when... no grapics at all...just words.

Yup, I used to play Zork as well! Remember the thief? :LOL:
I even had the little hint book with the invisible ink... :rolleyes:

I really haven't played any video games in a few years though. The last games I used to play were the original Warcraft I/II & Starcraft strategy games back in the late 90's (Oh my god that was over 7 years ago now... I'm getting old!)

Now I just play an occassional game of Chess either on my Macbook or with an actual board... (anyone still have those actual boards... :LOL:). I love the history, strategy, complexity, yet ultimate simplicity of the game. It's amazing how far some people play ahead on just your first few moves. I'm really just a novice compared to people who play as a sole hobby (or even profession!). A computer AI set to maximum intelligence could wipe out almost anyone on a game like Starcraft. Yet at a "simple" game of chess super computers still have a tough time beating us "Humans". ;)

I must fall in the nerd catagory or something cuz I have never heard of any of those. However, I am a TextTwist junky... new high score of 13 mill!

**shakes head** Guess I have not lived yet....

I'm at level 31 now. I'm close to 32, and I've got a few quests to cash in at Tarren Mills. I do skinning (220) herbalism (208) cooking (176) fishing (166) lockpicking (116) and first aid (200).

Downloaded the 10 Day free trial last night... ALL 10.6 GIGABYTES of it. egads.
So did my wife; we plan on adventuring together.
(Life got MUCH better on my honeymoon when I discovered wife had identical tastes
in video games. Thank you MGM Grand and your classic video game room, LOL)

Think I will try out a Druid first. She's gonna be a Rogue.
Should be interesting.

Any tips for a WoW Virgin?

(oh yeah, I'm a Zork veteran too. Loved it!)

lol.. Nope... but Suzie and I are becoming expert FABLE2 watchers since our DHs have been playing non-stop. : )

It's an adventure game ... the main guy has all these tasks that he has to do ... back and forth through all these different worlds. Killing bad guys and monsters and collecting treasures... it's not as violent as a lot of the games that I've been "lucky" enough to get to watch so so far I've kind of been enjoying it.

I play WoW too. For those of you who don't like paying, there are free servers. Just search for it :) It is not illegal as long as they do not charge you to play. :)

Lol, I realized when someone said "I'm waiting until I can afford FF XII" that this thread was 2 yeard old. I played FF XII for 5 years, too much drama. Never got into WoW. Right now I'm playing SOCOM 4.

Back
Top Bottom