World's Most Expensive Breakfast Cereal

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
img_568343_0_9c0c278e29b7bcd4520f6e472b4def08.jpg

Obviously people out there with money to burn. Any fancy shipping some my way - I can supply a corn flake (any abstract view you fancy)

I would be shocked it they actually get paid. What people bid, and what actually happens are often two very different things. I buy and sell quite a bit on Ebay, and this has the whiff of disbelief to me.

There is NO way someone is gonna pay 5k for a frickin cornflake. If they do, they're a flake... If it's legit I need to start looking at my cornflakes...

All I can say is WOW! There are some strange people in this world if this isn't a fake. To put such a value on something so silly is lunacy, IMHO.

Ho! You foolish person who would purchace such a frivolous thing. I laugh at you. Yes, I laugh. Ha ha!

Did I sound like Porthose in a cheap B-Movie knock off of the Three Muskateers?:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Seeeeeeya; Goodweed of the North

I have a really, really, really difficult time believing someone would pay even a few dollars for something like this.

Buck and I have been watching this through the day. At this hour, it's up to.........$180,300.00. Oh, puleeeezzze! P.T. Barnum was right!!!!

Don't know about the bidders but the offer is real. It was just on the local news here where they interviewed the girls putting up for bid. They saw the flake and thought for fun to put it up on ebay. They figured they would get maybe enough money for another box of cereal. They are as suprised as we are that the bid is so high! They plan on doing something for the family with the money.

I wouldn't have paid the starting price of $9.99, let alone the $201,100 it is up to now. Some people just have more money than brains.

:ohmy:Barbara

Nobody's going to pay that for a cornflake! I mean... I just don't believe it. I think that family should avoid thinking how they're going to spend their money until it actually arrives. I bet most of those bidders are just screwing around.

It doesn't even look like Illinois! I thought it was going to be Golden Grahams made with gold leaf or Lucky Charms that give you magical powers or something. This barely warrants a dismissive "bah."

Bah!

Look at the bid history. I think it's one person artificially inflating the price using multiple ids. Whether they are known to the seller or not is another story.

Back
Top Bottom