Worst Kitchen Accidents!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
One of the worst accidents I had was a few years ago,in the resteraunt I worked at.At the time the fryers had packed up,so (as me mum would do),one of the other chefs I worked with used a pan to do chips etc.After service we were cleaning down,and quite stupidly I moved the pan of boiling hot oil thinking I'll put that out the way to cool down so no-one gets hurt.As I moved the pan,it caught on the edge of the gas ring and the oil came sploshing over the side of the pan all over my left hand and wrist.Although I put it stright under cold water,I had to go to hospital and ended up having to have 6 weeks off of work!You can see darker skin on my and now where it was burnt.:cry:

This didn't happen to me right? Working in a restaurant we were in a hurry to cook another turkey for hot turkey etc.
Well I rubbed the bird all over to make it happy and threw it in the oven forgetting to take out in the inner bag holding the giblets etc. That particular day the bag was made of orange plastic. Can you just imagine the colour of that meat? Can you jsut imagine the colour of this teenage cook at the time? Can you imagine the colour of my boss when he found out what I did to his turkey? Wrong, he laughed and laughed and to this day has never allowed me to forget about it. It's just 30 years later!

Back
Top Bottom