"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > The Back Porch > Off Topic Discussions

Old 07-18-2006, 09:39 PM   #21
Hospitality Queen

Agree with Sizz...orbit gum commercials aren't at all entertaining
Agree with Banana ...the ggw commercials are sick
but,
Mish: Aflack and Vonage (whoo hoo)?! I love those!

Old 07-18-2006, 09:50 PM   #22
Sous Chef

Let's see ---Orbit gum, Tide to Go, any commercial where the guy shouts at you, all commercial so loud that I have to mute it, bugs crawlling across the screen. Those come to mind now. I use the commercials to conduct other necessary business and try not to pay attention to them.

Old 07-18-2006, 10:29 PM   #23
Master Chef

Well, with any luck, maybe Taylor Hicks & his incredible greed will glean us him singing & dancing to the disgusting Pepto Bismol commercial while chewing Orbit gum.

I wouldn't put anything past this guy as far as raking in money goes - oh, unless it has to do with talent. . . .
Old 07-18-2006, 10:35 PM   #24
Senior Cook

Pepto Bismal with people fanning their butts...aaarrrgghhh

Charmin with the bears in the woods
Old 07-18-2006, 10:59 PM   #25
Head Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by BreezyCooking
Well, with any luck, maybe Taylor Hicks & his incredible greed will glean us him singing & dancing to the disgusting Pepto Bismol commercial while chewing Orbit gum.

I wouldn't put anything past this guy as far as raking in money goes - oh, unless it has to do with talent. . . .
Until reading your post I'd escaped exposure to Taylor Hicks.

The Charmon Bears are slightly less offensive by virtue of animation.

All of the pharmaceutical commercials that tell us to tell our doctors we are suffering from an, as yet under publicised affliction, for which they are generously providing us with this "public service announcement."

skilletlicker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2006, 11:15 PM   #26
Head Chef

Send a message via AIM to thier1754
The toilet bowl cleaner/floor mop/oxyclean/tile cleaner/magic broom etc. etc. guys who think we're so deaf and senile they have to shout at us and use very short, simple sentences to make themselves understood. Herpes treatment ads. Male enhancement ads (although I think those are so over the top that they're funny at times, and I like all of the not-so-subliminal messages when I'm in a silly mood). Any commercial that insults our intelligence. (Could that be almost all of them???)
Old 07-19-2006, 03:33 PM   #27
Senior Cook

Bow-Flex....

Ditech...

Diet commercials...especially where the gal says she lost to a size 6 from size 10...what the heck is wrong with being a size 10?
Male enhancement...
Old 07-19-2006, 03:41 PM   #28
Master Chef

BakersDozen - the latest Nutrisystem diet commercials are even worse than that. They have an overly "perky" young woman bragging that she went from a Size 10 to a Size 2. She goes on to say that now that she's a Size 2 she's no longer embarrassed to wear a swimsuit, & "now" feels "sexy".

Exactly what sort of message is that sending to women today - particularly young women battling eating disorders due to having this sort of garbage thrown at them on a daily basis????

SHAME ON NUTRISYSTEM!!! Whoever developed their marketing campaign needs to develop a conscience.
Old 07-19-2006, 03:45 PM   #29
Head Chef

Any jewelry store commercial that makes me feel like a schmuck for not spending thousands of dollars on jewelry for my wife's birthday, our anniversary, Christmas, presidents day, groundhog day, etc.
Old 07-19-2006, 03:48 PM   #30
Head Chef

Also where I live there is a furniture store called Haynes that has the biggest sale ever, every single weekend!