Would some one help me out please?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Then for you it makes sense to do what you are doing. You enjoy it and so you are forging ahead which is great. For your brother though, he seems to have found what he likes if he is happy as you say he is. In his case it might not make sense for him to go into whatever it was he went to school for.
I think your right Gb, Do you see I'm trying to do better with my grammar, I'm actually trying to proof reed and remember where all the marks go in a sentence. I know during the winter semester I will be taking English 97 so I can get more respect on the forums and such!

That is great Derek. Striving to do better in whatever you do is always a great quality! Good for you man!

May I ask this question Alix?

If people send $$$$ on College education some times just to party or go some where for a little while, Why don't they save the $$ and go to the library or some where in that nature to learn things?

I just don't get it, Alix, I mean people like make me mad because the learn all this stuff just to work in a place like a super market and be happy?

Don't get me wrong I love my little bro but he needs to use his education he earned at college some where in his life, I know I suck at my grammar, and I hope you understand what I'm trying to say!

Sometimes folks like to learn just for the sake of learning. Perhaps he didn't know what he would truly enjoy when he took the courses. Really though, what does it matter if he is happy now? I've done many things that I thought at the time were the right thing to do but have discovered new things about myself along the way. Sometimes the joy is in the journey not the destination.

Its important just to do what makes you happy. If that is scooping ice cream or being a CEO. Its not about what you trained to do, its what you find that satisfies your soul.

On a personal note, I went from studying history to journalism to finally getting my education degree. And do I teach? Nope...I'm a therapist and so grateful to have found this niche. I often tell folks that sometimes the best careers are the ones that just show up out of the blue.

If you guys don't mind, why not trying moving to a place that needs cad work, like Louisiana, Florida, or some where like a tropical place that has hurricanes?

I just don't want to end up like my brother who has a masters and a bachelors in history,

He then works in a dang candy store with all his education and hes happy, He could become a history teacher, College professor, or an history anthropologist like on Alton Brown,

"I still think that woman is his wife"

"I don't ever want that happen to me "speaking bluntly"
We are actually looking at other places. We can't really afford to move, but we definitely have no problem with doing it. I am one of those weird people who likes to move anyway, so it wouldn't bother me. :cool: The only thing is, we still owe about $10,000 on our house. The way we are buying it kind of amounts to a rent-to-own deal (it's not, but the outcome is the same). We can't sell it until we pay it off, obviously, and if we need to back out of the deal, we lose everything we have put into it. So we would rather pay it off and then sell it if we decide to move.

Speaking of degrees, etc., I decided to get my master's degree so that my pay would go up (I was a teacher). I got the master's on October 31, 2006 and lost my job June 2, 2007. Haven't paid a penny on the loan--have to keep deferring it. In the long run, the master's degree would have helped out a lot, raising my pay, and it gave me more than enough credits to renew my teaching certificate. The way it worked out though, it wasn't helpful at all. However, I am a big believer in God putting us where we need to be, and I have met a couple really great people through my classes, and I have the added knowledge that I received while in school. The degree itself may come in handy at some point. And if not, who cares. I am a big believer in not looking back and saying "what if?"

:)Barbara

Last edited:
Hey gang, Remember my first question about story boarding, and so on?

Well I've found out it's Visual communication, Woohoo!

I'm so happy, I'm doing the happy dance.

Chile, trust me, this is an issue still in some families. I remember when baby sis assumed, assumed that she was going to college. It was a social thing. Trust me, for me and my other sisters it wasn't a viable option. Mom took her aside and told her she had to declare a major immediately. She could change it later, but she had to have a goal. In fact, she's the first person on both sides of the family to have a degree. Another of my sisters tried, but working he way through became too much. We're proud of my baby sis (she's now a 4th grade teacher), but sometimes I wonder. Now they call almost anything "college". What is wrong with trade school? I swear, a plumber makes more $$$ than someone over-educated (yes, have several friends who cannot get jobs and would have been better off going to learn a trade). Ouch!

Back
Top Bottom