Would you buy a salad from a vending machine?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I think it's a great idea. I've bought prepared salad at the grocery store; it's the same thing, just sold in a different venue. The company changes the inventory after 4 hours and the uneaten salads go to a food bank. I'd buy it.

It depends on where the vending machine is located. My work place or a hospital cafeteria or similar location? Sure.

Yes, a hospital cafeteria would be the perfect location. In case of any type of food poisoning; ptomaine, salmonella, e coli, listeria, botulism, whatever, you would be right there.

Yes, a hospital cafeteria would be the perfect location. In case of any type of food poisoning; ptomaine, salmonella, e coli, listeria, botulism, whatever, you would be right there.

From the article it seems that the products will have a 24 hour shelf life. Proteins are sold separately from the salads. I don't see any cause for concern. This is likely a shorter shelf life than many grocery stores or airport food vendors give their in store made salads.

I don't see how this would be any more likely to give you food poisoning, ptomaine, salmonella, e coli, listeria, botulism or "whatever".

Back
Top Bottom