"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > The Back Porch > Off Topic Discussions

Old 10-20-2014, 07:37 PM   #21
Senior Cook

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaneohegirlinaz View Post
I forgot about the train!
I'm not sure why we didn't do the train,
DH is gaga for trains too... have you done Williams AZ up to the Grand Canyon? What hoot!
Yes we took a trip to Sedona that included the Grand Canyon train and the Val Verde train. I was a happy camper LOL. Below is the link to our trip story.
http://stevekathytravels.com/sitebui...oversedona.pdf

Old 10-20-2014, 08:45 PM   #22
Chef Extraordinaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by Souschef View Post
Yes we took a trip to Sedona that included the Grand Canyon train and the Val Verde train. I was a happy camper LOL. Below is the link to our trip story.
http://stevekathytravels.com/sitebui...oversedona.pdf
Once again I read through your whole trip in Arizona. I don't know if your bride told you but one day I started on page one and read right through your whole trip diary. It took me most of the day, but it sure is interesting. A great read and really enjoyable. Thanks for taking me along.

Old 10-20-2014, 10:20 PM   #23
Senior Cook

Thank you for your nice comments, Addie. I worked the local "Pumpkin Train" this past weekend. We have the only tourist railroad between San Diego and Santa Cruz. Everybody really enjoys it.
Old 10-21-2014, 12:30 AM   #24
Master Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silversage View Post
If you choose Savannah, I have 3 favorite restaurants there.

Elizabeth's
Sapphire Grill
Chart House
Thanks so much for the recommendations. Glad to see that one of your favorites wasn't The Pirate House. Been there with the kids. Good enough, but I'm sure it's more fun when you have two 10-year-olds along.
Old 10-21-2014, 12:48 AM   #25
Master Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaneohegirlinaz View Post
... if your travel plans are at the latter part of
November, you might be able to hit that highlight in your Charleston trip.

Holiday Festival of Lights, Charleston SC 2014 - James Island Country Park - Charleston Lowcountry .com...
I'm glad you mentioned this K-girl, but not for the reason you might think. Although that looks like it's a beautiful display, you reminded me of one I want to be sure and get to when we are visiting our kids in OH at Christmas. General Electric's Nela Park is the company's worldwide headquarters. Every Christmas they light over 1/2 million lights along the drive through their property. Although it's nowhere near as large as the James Island one, we'll be able to take our kids after talking about it for years. I think THIS will be the year. It will be nice to share with the kids, since my own parents used to take a ride through there every Christmas season when I was a kid.

I think if I have to decide where to spend our money, we'd rather spend for the carriage ride and take the kids on the free light display. BUT you made me remember it before we got to OH!