Would you see this movie?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Would you like to see the movie World Trade Center?

• Yes

Votes: 9 30.0%
  • No

Votes: 11 36.7%
  • Maybe

Votes: 5 16.7%
  • Undecided

Votes: 5 16.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
No I have no desire to see this. I just know emotionally I couldn't make it through the movie. I don't have any desire to go out watch something that is going to cause me heartache all over again.

I don't know if I'll see it or not, like GB the memories are still to fresh. Hubby has already made the statement that he wants to see it. His birthday is on 9/11 & I was just getting ready to put the icing on his birthday cake when the first plane crashed. Needless to say, the cake went un-iced & my day pretty much stopped.

I answered no but I mean to say 'probably' not. Certainly not right away. I do not feel the least bit compelled to relive any part of that experience. It's enough when I watch a movie that features the 'intact' NY skyline.

I personally wouldn't really want to see it, but after seeing the preview yesterday at the theatre for the first time, I thought it could be a pretty good movie, and it looks like the plotline it would be following would make it a good movie.
But previews can be deceiving, but if it does turn out to be good, I may see it in a few years. I just can't imagine watching it on a gigantic screen. I can't watch any movies like those in theatres, they have to be on smaller screens for me to handle them.

Needless to say, the cake went un-iced & my day pretty much stopped

I think everyone's day stopped. I was about 2 minutes from work (a flower shop) when the first plane hit. I walked in and told my boss to turn on the news. I think maybe 3 arrangements were made the whole day.

I saw an interview with the actual firefighters and the actors who played them. One thing the firefighters said when asked pretty much the same question as Amber did, was that they wanted people to see it, to see the triumph of the human spirit in spite of the horror. That really struck me, and I think I probably will see it - in honor of all the firefighters and policemen who both survived and were lost on that horrid day.

I definitely will see this movie. I want to know exactly what happened and I think that this is in the same vein as Schindler's list. Not easy to watch, but we need to know and not forget. As the placque at Auschwitz says, "NEVER AGAIN." Enough time has passed for me so that I will watch this movie not because I think it sensationalizes the tragedy, but because we all need to know and remember.

Keep in mind that a dramatization is not a documentary of 'exactly what happened'. Even true documentarys often (usually) present a skewed version of the 'truth'.

I haven't seen anything about it yet, so I will have to find out more about it before making a decision. I saw United 93, and I felt it was very tastefully done. No hype or sensationalism at all.

:) Barbara

I had a hospital appt in Baltimore and the hospital called and cancelled it. They were on alert. No one knew what would happen next. It still makes my blood run cold.

I don't think I would see it.

You know its kinda like a car accident... Everyone looks.. i think a lot of people will see this movie.. its like they will watch it with their hands over their eyes but peeping

Its human nature to be curious

marmalady said:
in honor of all the firefighters and policemen who both survived and were lost on that horrid day.

this is why I'm thinking of seeing this one. At least there was a happy ending for a few who ran in to the towers.

I've watched all the documentaries about that day, and will watch them again.

Like auntdot, my world view has changed, and so has the world.

mudbug said:
this is why I'm thinking of seeing this one. At least there was a happy ending for a few who ran in to the towers.

I've watched all the documentaries about that day, and will watch them again.

Like auntdot, my world view has changed, and so has the world.

Pardon me for saying so, but there was not a happy ending for anyone that day. Even the survivors have been destroyed. Again, not meant to criticize, but this is something I know...

Back
Top Bottom