"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > The Back Porch > Off Topic Discussions

Old 08-14-2008, 02:49 AM   #91
Traveling Welcome Wagon

Okay, I was tired as I wrote this, and it is obviously a vent session. lol I used the last words I saw posted, which were luvs'.

Once upon a time, but not so very long ago, there was a handsome king and his decent looking queen. The king had been all aflutter, pacing the castle halls, anticipating the arrival of his daughter. The queen had felt apprehensive, remembering her stepdaughter’s last visit. Unfortunately, her apprehension was warranted, and the visit was not going well.

The king’s daughter complained incessantly about everything. Her father lavished her with gifts, but rather than show appreciation for them, she sneered and complained that they were not good enough. She spoke to her father the king with much disrespect, and she cursed at her stepmother the queen and said rude things to her constantly.

Watching her evil stepdaughter, as the princess picked through all the hors d’eorves on the table, the queen thoughtfully applied cherry-flavored Chapstick to her lips and began to formulate a plan.

The printer in the queen’s office was not working, so she grabbed a pencil and a pad of paper and started writing some notes. Then the queen realized that she was making the whole matter much more complicated than it needed to be. With that, she grabbed a couple rolls of extra-wide duct tape and headed for her stepdaughter’s room. Before the princess had a chance to wake from her mid-day nap, the queen quickly wrapped the sheet from the bed around her, with the help of two of her loyal and trusted aides. The queen began to wrap the princess with duct tape, winding it around and around, beginning with her mouth, since she had started complaining again, and working her way down. She then had her aides toss the princess into the back of a hay-wagon. The queen took over at this point, driving for half a day to a large swamp. She easily rolled her duct taped mummy of a stepdaughter out of the wagon, into the swamp. She drove away whistling a happy tune, looking forward to the happily-ever-after that had eluded the castle over the last few days.

Barbara

Old 08-14-2008, 04:37 AM   #92
Master Chef

oh, my, there are times when all mothers and or teachers would love to do what Barb -oooops the queen did with the taping act and throw them into the swamp that they spawned from....I imagine that the princess in the story is a teen.....if so.... that's the way they act even to their own mothers....I won't tell you what my little Prince used to call his Princess of a sister during the ages of 13-16...she was not a very pleasant person to be around some of the time......good story, Queen, oops I mean Barbara!!! :):)

Old 08-19-2008, 12:52 AM   #93
Master Chef

Hey! Where'd all the story-tellers go? Here's some more words. Anyone want to try their hand at some poetry?

Goofy
Weasle
Race
Utopia
Bouliabase

Check out my blog for the friendliest cooking instruction on the net. Go ahead. You know you want to.- http://gwnorthsfamilycookin.wordpress.com/
Chief Longwind Of The North is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2008, 02:38 AM   #94
Traveling Welcome Wagon

Maybe not the kind of poetry you were thinking of, but here's mine:

A goofy young weasel named Ace
Was preparing a rich bouillabaisse.
"If Utopia were home," Ace said,
"I'd eat lounging in my bed,
"Instead of running in this rat race!"

Barbara
Old 08-19-2008, 07:45 AM   #95
Executive Chef

how many goofy ways can a weasle run across a blade of grass
well I'm not sure said the bouliabase maker to the lass

what kind of a race would anyone want to put together
especially in a place that is far away and grows heather

a man who was hoping to reach a kind of utopia he said
as a put his tired head on the pillow and fell into bed
Old 08-19-2008, 07:59 AM   #96
Master Chef

Limericks are good. I'm impressed.
Seeeeeeya; Goodweed of the North

Check out my blog for the friendliest cooking instruction on the net. Go ahead. You know you want to.- http://gwnorthsfamilycookin.wordpress.com/
Old 08-20-2008, 08:15 PM   #97
Master Chef

Lefe's; both of the poems show great imagination, and are so very cute. I'm impressed with both of them. Hmmmm, guess I should give it a stab. Let's see....

Goofy
Weasle
Race
Utopia
Bouliabase

This is more of a silly lyric than a true poem, but hey, I just want to go fishing.

There was this goofy weasle
who ran a goofy race
it seemed there was a contest
for making bouliabase

The winner of the contest,
you see, would win a prize
seven hundred squid
baked in seven hundred pies

Who caught those many squid, you ask,
Why the captain and the crew
of the Utopia- based fishing boat
while singing, "The Yellow Tuna Blues".

There. Now is that reaching or what? C'mon BT. Let's see you apply some of your magic wit to this little exercise. And RonJohn, jump right in, and Mods, we're waiting to hear from you too, Michael, GB, everyone...

Old 08-21-2008, 04:39 AM   #98
Traveling Welcome Wagon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goodweed of the North View Post
...and Mods, we're waiting to hear from you too, Michael, GB, everyone...

What am I, chopped liver? Just kidding of course!

I enjoyed your lyric poem!

Barbara
Old 08-21-2008, 10:41 AM   #99
Executive Chef

post some new words please....
like you GWOTN, I love writing stories but am not sure they're received well due to folks who don't have time to actually read them. I liked the idea of poems, they're short, sweet and imaginative too.
very nice, liked reading them...
Old 08-21-2008, 10:46 AM   #100
Head Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by LEFSElover View Post
post some new words please....
like you GWOTN, I love writing stories but am not sure they're received well due to folks who don't have time to actually read them. I liked the idea of poems, they're short, sweet and imaginative too.
very nice, liked reading them...
I like the poems too but I like the stories best. I'm reading all of them!