"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > The Back Porch > Off Topic Discussions

Old 08-07-2008, 12:57 PM   #71
Master Chef

fraternity
grasshopper
gangster
balderdash
coconut
"Hey Susette!"
Susette turned at Harry's voice just as the volleyball was spiked in her direction. It slammed into her shoulder, leaving a bright red patch of skin."
"Ow!" she exclaimed.
"Keep your head in the game, Susette." cried her coach.
Susette answered Harry; "Go away Harry."
"But I gotta talk to you. It's important."
"I'm busy. Talk to me later."
The practice had started again and Susette turned all of her attetion to her own athletic performance. She was, after all, the captain of the team. Her mates were relying on her to get the job done.
Harry cried out; "See you after practice."
Susette ignored him.

Harry looked out through the reinforced glass of the gym door window. The hall was empty.
"Safe." he said to himself, and left the gym. As he made his way toward the commons area, a group of gangster wannabee's invaded the hall from an adjoining hallway.
"Hey look,..." the leader said, "... it's weeping willow." is mob laughed at the verbal barb.
Harry picked up the pace, hoping to put distance between himself and tormentors. But it was no use for they ran to catch up.
"Hey Willow, you gonna weep for us?" taunted one of the boys. Another added; "Yeh, Willow, we want to see you cry like a little girl."
One of the boys pushed him, sending Harry sprawling forward. He sprang instantly to his feet and spun himself around to face them. But there were too many. As Harry squared himself, he found four boys moving to surround him. He thought fast. In a flash, he dove toward the leader, who neatly sidestepped to avoid the attack. But Harry attacking. With the leader out of the way, and an opening made, he tucked and somersaulted back to his feet springing forward like a grasshopper. His move had suprised the mob; and it took a moment for them to pursue. Harry just hoped he had gained enough of a lead to get away.

to be continued...

Seeeeeeya; Goodweed of the North

Check out my blog for the friendliest cooking instruction on the net. Go ahead. You know you want to.- http://gwnorthsfamilycookin.wordpress.com/
Chief Longwind Of The North is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2008, 03:34 PM   #72
Executive Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goodweed of the North View Post
Susette ignored him.
to be continued...Seeeeeeya; Goodweed of the North
I like Susette already a girl after my own heart
and you better continue, you still got words to use up...

Old 08-07-2008, 03:48 PM   #73
Master Chef

chapstick
tape
pencil
hors d'eourve
printer
Old 08-07-2008, 06:10 PM   #74
Master Chef

Argh! It happened again. I was logged in, spent 30 minutes composing and typing the remainder of the story, and when I went to save it, the stupid site said I wasn't logged in. I tried the back-button and the work was gone. I had to log back in just to vent my frustration. I'll try to complete the story tomorrow. I hope it turns out as good as my first attempt. Drives me crazy!

Check out my blog for the friendliest cooking instruction on the net. Go ahead. You know you want to.- http://gwnorthsfamilycookin.wordpress.com/
Old 08-07-2008, 10:03 PM   #75
Executive Chef

GWOTN, don't worry about it, isn't that annoying when computers crash for who knows why? happened to all of us.........
luvs, put up new words anyway, mine didn't make it..........
I was liking where you were going though
Old 08-07-2008, 10:55 PM   #76
Sous Chef

Quote:
Argh! It happened again. I was logged in, spent 30 minutes composing and typing the remainder of the story, and when I went to save it, the stupid site said I wasn't logged in. I tried the back-button and the work was gone. I had to log back in just to vent my frustration. I'll try to complete the story tomorrow. I hope it turns out as good as my first attempt. Drives me crazy!

Maybe you better start writing your stories in a word processor and paste them in.

B'sgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2008, 01:00 AM   #77
Master Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by B'sgirl View Post
Maybe you better start writing your stories in a word processor and paste them in.
Sounds like a very good idea.

Old 08-08-2008, 02:17 AM   #78
Master Chef

Wow, and I thought I was the only one with computer problems only they usually are because of something I've done or not done or don't know how to do.......sorry, GW, I liked your story, too
Old 08-08-2008, 10:17 AM   #79
Traveling Welcome Wagon

Quote:
Sounds like a very good idea.

Why wasn't it a good idea when I suggested it? Just kidding of course.

LEFSElover, yes, anyone can post words (see post #19).

Between being in the hospital and now on vacation, I haven't had a chance to do a story lately. I will write the words down on paper and work on it in the car. Then I will add it the next time I am able to get on.

Barbara
Old 08-08-2008, 02:01 PM   #80
Master Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barbara L View Post
Why wasn't it a good idea when I suggested it? Just kidding of course.Barbara
Because I hadn't given myself time to calm down from the initial frustration and dissapointment yet. Sorry 'bout that. You can share the credit for the idea.

Seeeeeeeya; Goodweed of the North