WV was hit hard

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Merlot

Sous Chef
I got my power back after 4 days but there are still about 100,000 of people without water and/ or electricity around here.

The nursing home where I work is miserable. They have generators but they had to move all the patient's from the front of the building to the back where they can run all the oxygen machines and fans. Some of the workers there have worked for hours on end and the patients are hot and miserable, not to mention having a hard time breathing with the heat.

As for me and my family, we lost everything in the refrigerators and freezers. We had pizza, steaks, corn, baby potatoes, hotdogs and hamburgers on the grill! Our hot tub served as a pool to cool off in. My husband and I didn't argue once since we were forced to work together! He had a full tank of gas so he drove an hour away to get ice and gas in tanks. (the county he drove to was 1 out of 2 counties in the state that didn't get hit).

Thank God for the out of state workers who have been working around the clock to assist in getting power back on.

I'm thankful I am off work this week but yet I feel guilty as if I should be there helping out :ermm:

Thanks for the good wishes!

Of course The Greenbrier in White Sulpher Springs was ok since Tiger Woods came to play on the golf course this weekend. They had it all nice and fixed up there... doesn't matter that the county has no water. I'm sure everyone there was well hydrated and happy. Money can buy happ... er water! :angel:

Merlot, my thoughts and prayers are with you and everyone in your area. Hope things turn around soon.

Tiger who????? Merlot ignore that mess! and just rest and do what you feel needs to be done. You are in my thoughts and prayers. Take care.
kades

Thanks :) I just hope they get more shelter to the areas that need it!

Seems to me like something is wrong with our power grid. It doesn't take much any more for hundreds of thousands to be without power for days and weeks. The repairs and getting folks back up takes forever. Not sure what the problem is but we have a thunderstorm (normal for summer here) and folks are without power for 3-4 days. Is the system just old? Or are EPA regs making it more complicated to get things fixed?

Rant over now.

Hope your area gets relief soon Merlot.

Hi Jabbur! I see what you mean about the power grids! I guess this one was a few steps above your average storm. Something along those lines. :wacko: Glad to see you are up and running! :)

I hope everything returns to normal quickly. Sorry to hear about the troubles.

Nice to hear about the no arguing with DH.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom