"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > The Back Porch > Off Topic Discussions

Old 07-30-2006, 03:50 PM   #21
Sous Chef

Send a message via MSN to Lynan
Yes, do let Dale know Billy!! I have had my head in the sand and forgotten about letting her know. I talked with her a couple of weeks ago.

Old 07-30-2006, 04:06 PM   #22
Sous Chef

Send a message via MSN to Chef_Jen Send a message via Yahoo to Chef_Jen
Yes I email dale as well i think she mentioned you were coming.. Ill have to contact her to tell her my arrangements :)

Old 07-30-2006, 07:50 PM   #23
Senior Cook

Aha, speak of the devil. Now, here are your instructions! Billy, If you go home early Jan it is hardly 6 weeks, stay longer. Jen, dear Lady, come and stay here for a while, whatever you can fit in.. whenever. Doors are open, Amanda, Lynan, we can go to them, Gisborne is lovely, PN is too. Or they can take a trip here to stay, whatever is convenient for them. Both are about 5 hours away. Let the riots begin!
Old 07-30-2006, 08:02 PM   #24
Sous Chef

Send a message via MSN to Lynan
One wonders if you know what you are letting yourself in for Dale, still, at least it'll be summer and if the riots get outta hand there will be a few trees to tie them to? Drinkie poo in hand of course.
We absolutely have to work something out about meeting up. We will talk.
Old 07-30-2006, 08:59 PM   #25
Senior Cook

Good stuff Lynan, I have killer giraffes up the trees to throw coconuts upon the heads of any who transgress. It is a good ploy, and confuses people.
Old 07-30-2006, 09:11 PM   #26
Senior Cook

Here you are Sweetie Pie. As you can see, I haven't been here long either. I think it was Jan that told me about this place...so glad she did...or maybe it was Jen, or June, or Jean...hah! You remember me, Mr. CRS himself

I've been thinking about maybe staying longer. Have to convince the family they can get along without me though
Old 07-30-2006, 09:14 PM   #27
Executive Chef

I traveled alot for many years and no one in my house starved to death. My son's are 6'3 and 6'5...they managed.

Just show the gorilla where the grocery store and McD's are located.
Old 07-30-2006, 09:31 PM   #28
Sous Chef

Oh dear, the Gorilla's going along? maybe he can get a game with the Allblacks while he's there, that should get his appetite going

OK Jen, so your picking up Ian @ Hamo, this is starting to sound like a school re-union. Tell me the dates and I'll ask the minister of finance. We can get away on December 27th for a couple of weeks. I would like to go down to Invercargill, shouldn't be much of a drive, NZ's only a small country

Hello Dale
Old 07-30-2006, 09:39 PM   #29
Senior Cook

They will be OK Billy, and despite your worst fears so will Buddy. I do know how hard it is to leave him, or any doggie. But you will have 2 and one 16th here, if dear old Africa makes it 'till then. That make of dog is only supposed to live until about 10, but he is 13 and getting very old and rickety. He's deaf but still eats well and has retained his figure in spite of his affinity to food.
Old 07-30-2006, 09:51 PM   #30
Senior Cook

g'day Attie old thing. You can stay too!... and the finance minister. Carol can keep you in line. It is a beautiful drive down the east coast, get the ferry over Cook Straight and continue down east coast. Predictably Invercargill is right at the bottom of the Sth Island. We are a good base for staying, about kms from the motorway both North and South. You might want to zoom north and see the meeting of the waters at Cape Rianga, that is the seam in the meeting of the Tasman Sea and the Pacific Ocean. And the Bay of Islands and all that.