"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > The Back Porch > Off Topic Discussions
Old 10-10-2005, 04:30 PM   #11
Executive Chef
Originally Posted by gettingbetter
Has yan ever been part of the Food TV/Food Network? I'm pretty sure it was PBS I saw him on this past week.
Yan has been on Emeril'S show and has been a guest judge on the Iron Chef America show.

He has not had his own show on the Network.

Have you had your habanero pepper today????
The hotter the pepper, the better the pepper!!!
kleenex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2005, 04:54 PM   #12
Master Chef
Martin Yan has had a couple, or more, series on PBS - and has appeared only as a guest on FoodNetwork shows. My PBS station is so flakey I never know if he is going to be on from one week to the next, even if it's in the TV guide. But then the GREAT cooking shows were on PBS - Julia Child, Galloping Gourmet, Frugal Gourmet, etc.

FoodNetwork did have some great shows a year or two ago ... but they seem to be moving away from cooking "instructional" programs (like Sarah Molton Live) and more to "junk" food programs (like $40 a Day, Top 5, etc.) Wolfgang Puck still has a program - Wolfgang Puck's Cooking Class - but it only comes on at 4:00am Eastern on Friday mornings!

"It ain't what you don't know that gets you in trouble. It's what you know for sure that just ain't so." - Mark Twain
Michael in FtW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2005, 05:26 PM   #13
Senior Cook
I have loved Martin Yan for years! He used to have a PBS cooking show and I would actualy sit down and watch the entire show. The first cookbook I ever purchased was his Joy of Wokking. I have used it so much that it is falling apart and I have to rubberband it together! Our local PBS station hasn't carried his program for 10 some years. I sure wished I lived in N.C. right now instead of M.I.! He doesn't seem to do much with his web site anymore, guess he's too busy doing shows. His Feast book is great too! I think the show would be very entertaining, go if you can and then report back to us!

silentmeow is offline   Reply With Quote