Yesterday's Interview

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Saphellae

Head Chef
Ok, some of you might remember that I had a second job interview yesterday. It went great! I asked him when he will make his decision and he said that it would be by the end of the day today. OMIGOSH. I am so nervous!!! I have kept my cell phone on me throughout the apartment..

We got along really really well, which I think is a big plus (we have common ground which I was happy about). I asked him how many others he was interviewing for the second time and he said two others.. I'm not sure how my chances are as he said he couldn't disclose that, he had the second person that afternoon and the third this morning.

Ahhhh... this is nervewracking!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :ohmy:

It's already 7 pm here babe.. I don't think so :(

I would expect a common courtesy of a phone call if I didn't get it. After all, there were only 2 other people that made it for the final interview. How long does it take to make those two calls to the people that didn't make it?

Saphellae - "It aint over till it's over" - Casey Stengel

Never give up hope. If this one does not work out, that is because you are destined for something better. Just because they said they would decide today, dosen't mean they did, nd if they did, It dosen't mean the other candidate accepted.

I say again - "It aint over till it's over" - Casey Stengel

It's already 7 pm here babe.. I don't think so :(

I would expect a common courtesy of a phone call if I didn't get it. After all, there were only 2 other people that made it for the final interview. How long does it take to make those two calls to the people that didn't make it?
Not necessarily. Perhaps he needed to run his decision by someone else first and they weren't available. Or maybe the third candidate re-scheduled his interview. Or maybe the guy's wife went into labor. You never know but I agree with everyone else - he'd be crazy not to hire you!

Maybe I will just call him on Monday and see what is up.

Adillo, thank you for your kind words. It has been so hard to find a job in another city. Nobody wants to hear the word "relocate". No matter that we're going through a recession, either, and that I have been looking since February.

Thanks Fisher's Mom :) I thought about those things but put it down to wishful thinking.. we'll see! He did have to discuss his decision with the HR department at home office, and they are an hour behind us. I am praying that it was just that she was unavailable at the time...

Maybe I will just call him on Monday and see what is up.
It's a good idea to make follow-up contact. I have always had my kids follow up an interview with a phone call or email thanking them for their time, asking if they need any further information from you, and telling them you look forward to hearing from them. It lets the potential employer know you are professional and very interested in the position. Good Luck!

I agree with you wholeheartedly on that FM. I actually tried to make contact with him after the first interview but he called me first. lol

I would have thought from having two previous offers for being a financial advisor, I could definitely land a job being an assistant/partner to one.

I wonder if when he said he would make a decision tomorrow, he didn't mean he would be calling the candidates back.

That could be. I don't know how things are there but here, after a decision has been made on a candidate, HR has to do a quick checking of references and job history before the offer is made. Perhaps that's the case there, too.

Well because it is for an investment company, they have all sorts of checks.. criminal, job history, etc...they want to know absolutely everything about you. I had to fill out 16 pages of information lol

I wonder .. I faxed the forms to the HR dept. but forgot to sign one of them, I did send it after faxing it but I wonder if they didn't get it.

I was a hiring manager for many years. I can tell you with confidence that a bazillion things can come up unexpectedly on a Friday afternoon that will delay a hiring phone call. There are lots of things that can be time critical that happen and it's often easy to let the new hire slip ove the weekend.

So relax and enjoy the weekend.

I agree with Andy and FM, something probably came up, or he is waiting on call back from HR. Either way, give him a follow up call on Monday. Try not to think about it during the weekend so you can enjoy it.

Back
Top Bottom