YIKES, tropical storm ALERT, U.S., east

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Callisto, having gone through Wilma, I worry about anyone going through a cat. anything.
We are a big family here, and I don't want anyone suffering.

But just now, on the noon news, they've said the 11:01
report says it's down to a cat. 1, at 105 mph, travelling
10 miles and hour and looks like it's going to swing more north than west and most likely miss the eastern seaboard, except maybe some ruff surf.
But they won't know anything til closer to the weekend.
Thank God!.​

News now:
Rapidly losing strength @ 85mph, traveling @ 12mph, moving from N.W. to N. direction.

Oh! so glad to hear that! I hate water, and especially hurricanes. I was a flood victim when I was a little girl, and I know what the feelings are for the people that can be affected by violent weather! I'm glad the storm is diminishing. I put a spell on that one, not only to save the destruction, but my best friend and her DH are going to the Bahamians this week! I say," Crotus ney, et gurus dey,decepti garuun to that bad storm!

It looks like Bermuda may still get some rough weather, but the whole system seems to be shifting a little. Originally it was slated to hit Bermuda head-on, but the center is now supposed to go to the east. It still shows it as being a hurricane when it gets near Bermuda, but it has slowed down considerably, since it is now set to hit there at 8:00 p.m. Saturday instead of 12 hours earlier, as originally said. It is (according to the projection I just looked at) supposed to be downgraded to a storm right after that. Hopefully it will continue to lose strength before then.

:)Barbara

11am AP news, 715 miles away from Bermuda (that's like from here to almost Jacksonville,Fl., or mid NJ to Jacksonville, Fl.)
...it may be re-strengthening, due to warm water, in the next 24hrs..
...is a cat. 1 at 85 mph, travelling 12 miles n/n/w.

So everything is still up in the air.

If you think a cat. 1 is nothing, compared to a 4/5,
think about getting hit by a car @ 85mph.
So it's still not nothing.

Keep it up, jersey girl................................

It looks like it is moving even farther east, so if it does strengthen, it looks like the eye won't hit Bermuda. Also, the northeast quadrant of a hurricane is the worst for lightning, tornadoes, etc., so if the eye goes to the east of Bermuda, the worst of it should all be to the east.

:)Barbara

7:11am, EDT, from Miami, National Hurricane Center:

105mph winds, with higher gusts, winds outward 140 miles from "eye" of the storm.
545 miles SE of Bermuda, traveling 9mph toward Bermuda. And is expected to strengthen in the next 24 hours.

I bet the surfers are getting pretty happy.

6:41am, EDT, Bertha is producing large swells 7 high surf off the Bermuda coast and is 350 miles SE from the
coast, traveling NW @ 7mph, with steady winds @ 85mph, gusting higher. If it stays on track, it will slowly approach Bermuda on Fri. or Sat.

What's the worst of this is how slow it's moving; 9 mph.
It will take a long time to move from Bermuda, if it hits, being it's size.
Plus, it usually decreases in intensity once it hits land, but with Bermuda being so small, not much will downgrade.

And they are now, 12:25EDT, saying there's a new system trying to develop off the african coast.

Still keeping fingers crossed...........................

Back
Top Bottom