YIKES! we have critters living in our house!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
TexanFrench said:
If you have a crawl space under the house, or air vents in your attic, make sure they are covered with heavy screening to keep the varmits out. And if you are truly desperate, the exterminators can help.

Oh we need help all right!
We had an orange male cat "Springer" and he would sit outside, over a gopher whole, until the little bugger popped his head out. He wouldn't move, it's was hysterical...........once the head popped up, that varment was a gonner....

Alix said:
Lefse, look for Bromone or Warfarin. And you don't need to worry that they will stink after they die, it dries them up and they just turn into dust. No smell at all.

Having said that, be CAREFUL cleaning up the droppings. Spray a bleach solution on them first, then wipe up and wash your hands very thoroughly afterwards. The droppings you describe sound like deer mouse droppings and they could be Hantavirus carriers. If you spot a mousie, check its ears, big ears are the ones to be concerned about, nonexistant or teeny ears are not as big a worry.

thank you Alix.............I will be on the lookout for the stuff, or hubby will be .........
I have only seen one or two of them in the house at all. I have seen a couple of dead ones in the yard probably killed by our Siberian Husky and Malamutilator. I will notice the ears if I ever see one again. Thanks for helping and the bleach will be out, trust me, I know how to wash hands, I count to 30, very slowly:-p

LEFSElover said:
thank you Alix.............I will be on the lookout for the stuff, or hubby will be .........
I have only seen one or two of them in the house at all. I have seen a couple of dead ones in the yard probably killed by our Siberian Husky and Malamutilator. I will notice the ears if I ever see one again. Thanks for helping and the bleach will be out, trust me, I know how to wash hands, I count to 30, very slowly:-p

Malamutilator? I love that! And I KNOW you know how to wash your hands, you're a cook! Sorry, I didn't mean to imply that you didn't! What I was trying to emphasize was more like EXTRA washing, more than the usual good job we all do every day. I sure hope you get this handled soon, it must be a real pain!

Alix said:
Malamutilator? I love that! And I KNOW you know how to wash your hands, you're a cook! Sorry, I didn't mean to imply that you didn't! What I was trying to emphasize was more like EXTRA washing, more than the usual good job we all do every day. I sure hope you get this handled soon, it must be a real pain!

That's a common word used for Malamutes. Oh my Lord are they ever ''curious'' about everything. My husband was mowing the lawn in the back yard. He let the dogs out of their dog run to pounce the back yard while he did that. As he was mowing, it dawned on him that he'd not seen the dogs for a while. He looked in the dog run and they weren't in there either, but he noticed the garage door open to the back yard. His heart stopped. Oh did I mention that my husband is a car freak? A Hemi car freak at that! He has 3 Hemi's in the garage and a 1966 Corvair Corsa Convertible that I bought him for his birthday years ago. Cherry red, white top, gorgeous. You got it. The Malamute had broken through the Eisenglass in the back of the car and 'ate' the inside. She ate all the upholstery in the entire car, ate the dashboard and the door sideboards and completely chewed up the seats to not being recognizable. He couldn't believe what he was witnessing and what she'd done in only about 10 minutes. He went upstairs and got his gun. Went back into the back yard and looked her dead in the eyes. Her big beautiful brown eyes. Yeh, it was her lucky day. We got her and her "brother" the Siberian from a resuce. Now we know why they were in that rescue.:huh:

Yeh, they're both still alive but walking past that car everyday to get the dog food, makes us realize what clods we were to buy, oh yes, buy, those two dogs!:ohmy:

And I wash my hands not nearly as much at home while cooking, I'm more lacks there, but on the plane, now 'that' is highly required and done by all of us. It is a considered a huge buffet of very sick germs, EVERYWHERE!!!:(

"Should I buy a cat "

Visit your local Humane Scoiety. :) My neighbours ( the ones without cats) all have mice in their houses this year. Not me, my little cat catches anything that moves!!!

Loprraine said:
"Should I buy a cat "

Visit your local Humane Scoiety. :) My neighbours ( the ones without cats) all have mice in their houses this year. Not me, my little cat catches anything that moves!!!

Rest assured, if we do get a pusser, we'll get it from the Humane Society. We ''rescused'' our two demolishers:( , << the two dogs. Do you agree about girl cats instead of boy cats for being better mousers?

My male cats were better mousers than my female was....think it depends on the cat not the sex of the cat though the female is supposed to be the better hunter in the animal world

In my experience, male cats like to play with their food a bit more. Girl cats tend to be more um...efficient. They kill them and THEN play a bit. Can't say that one is better than the other though. We've had both gendered kitties bringing home the "bacon". UGH! However, if you want a snuggler, a boy kitty is the way to go. They are always far more affectionate than females, especially as they age.

Back
Top Bottom