You are what you eat

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Claire

Master Chef
I was raised to eat a little of everything. Does that mean I'm a cow? A lamb? A head of cabbage? No, I'm a human who needs fuel to function. I'm not sure if I'd look better as a carrot or a fish? A pig or stalk of wheat? To me, you are the spirit you try to achieve. I'm not what I eat, I'm the person who reads to my blind friend, who supports the arts in my community, and mostly the person who everyone turns out to visit with every Friday afternoon, every Thanksgiving and Christmas. I try to fuel my body with the best I can. But I am not what I eat. I'm me.

As the sentence above is my signiture, let me say one thing, the fraze comes from the Bible and is to be understood spiritualy rather than phisicaly.

As the sentence above is my signiture, let me say one thing, the fraze comes from the Bible and is to be understood spiritualy rather than phisicaly.

Your sig is the only sentence I've seen you post that wasn't loaded with spelling errors.

Oh, well in that case, Charlie, at the moment, I'm a spiritual salad!:angel: Just kidding.

I always took the meaning to be the one in the top line of this article, but I found the rest of the article interesting, too. You are what you eat

Lee

It doesn't really mean what you consume...it means what you take into your heart, head and hands.

I prefer Popeye's philosophy, "I am what I am.". (take it or leave it.)

Andy, I'm surprised at you! You're generally such a stickler for accuracy, I thought you'd realize Popeye's attempt to declare his ethnicity in the sweet potato family by stating, "I yam what I yam."

Since yams and sweet potatoes are two different plants and the yam name is inaccurately applied to some sweet potatoes in the US, I opted for a paraphrase rather than prepetuate the erroneous use and subsequent institutionalization of improper terminology.

In other words, I calls 'em like I sees 'em.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom