"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > The Back Porch > Off Topic Discussions

Old 07-24-2014, 08:14 AM   #31
Ogress Supreme

Site Administrator

I will have to wait until I get home from work, but I wanna play, too. Just found this thread.

Old 07-24-2014, 09:38 AM   #32
Chef Extraordinaire

There's no way I'm playing...I have way too much stuff in my fridge right now to show the world a picture of it...including a 1/2 gal jar of homemade kimchee (oh, wait, that is the condiment fridge in the basement). That's right, other than keeping things I use all the time in the upstairs fridge, those things I don't use all the time are in the basement fridge. What I DO NOT have in the fridge: yellow (yech!) mustard, ketchup (don't use it), sweet pickle relish, mayonnaise (make it up on an as needed basis), or miracle whip (can't stand the stuff), bottled salad dressings, BBQ sauce. What I do have...3 kinds of miso, ginger in a jar of sherry, vegetarian hoisin sauce, jars of horseradish, maple syrup, more maple syrup, butter, more butter, yogurt starter, yogurt, more yogurt, two bins full of veggies from the gardens, jars of pickles, more pickles, preserved lemons...a bit of cheese, almond milk, cream, 1/2 and 1/2, coffee cream, sour cream, cream cheese, cottage cheese...cider vinegar with mother, some saskatoon berry syrup, lingonberry sauce, lingonberry salsa, lingonberry jelly, lingonberry syrup (hmmmm.....),. pomegranate molasses (does that really have to be in the fridge?), a block of gjetost cheese ... no meat at the moment--that is in the freezer. Whereas the single male's stereotypical fridge contains beer and leftover pizza, mine contains CONDIMENTS.

This the season where very little meat will be eaten between now and the end of the garden season.

Note to self: No more condiments requiring refrigeration. One has to go if new one comes in (sort of like buying new clothes...).

Old 07-24-2014, 10:11 AM   #33
Chef Extraordinaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by CWS4322 View Post
There's no way I'm playing...I have way too much stuff in my fridge right now to show the world a picture of it..
But that's whole idea - seeing what's in there! An empty fridge is no fun!
Old 07-24-2014, 07:38 PM   #34
Ogress Supreme

Site Administrator

Condiment door.

Lots of odd things, Shrek has taken to pulverizing nuts so he can eat them, so many of the containers have walnuts, pecan, pistachios, cashews, sunflower seeds. There is a container of pickled eggs. Anything healthy looking is mine.

And then this was in the fridge when I went to take the pictures.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	door.jpg
Views:	67
Size:	119.8 KB
ID:	21546   Click image for larger version

Name:	insides.jpg
Views:	65
Size:	150.3 KB
ID:	21547  

Attached Images

Old 07-24-2014, 07:43 PM   #35
Master Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by CWS4322 View Post
...(oh, wait, that is the condiment fridge in the basement). That's right, other than keeping things I use all the time in the upstairs fridge...
You're living my dream CW! I wish I had a second fridge just for condiments, grains, flour, nuts, etc. Maybe when we move back to OH - I'm not moving a second fridge! You also have His and Hers homes. *sigh* Yup, you're living my dream.