You Are What You Eat

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
What Taxy said. Sounds like you got the good stuff, Kayelle. The best fish sauce is made from anchovies.

OK, time for me to expose myself. :huh: Not "Myself" myself, my refrigerator! What were you thinking. :LOL: I had just jammed it full on my last shopping trip. My favorite local grocery store is having Hatfield VS Hatfield issues with the family in-fighting for control, and I'm not sure if I'll ever get the chance to shop there again. Had to get what groceries I could at the best prices around here before that option wasn't available any longer. Good thing you didn't ask for photos on Saturday!

Attachments

• 2014-07-23 16.04.51.jpg
    2014-07-23 16.04.51.jpg
    65.2 KB · Views: 153
OK, time for me to expose myself. :huh: Not "Myself" myself, my refrigerator! What were you thinking. :LOL: I had just jammed it full on my last shopping trip. My favorite local grocery store is having Hatfield VS Hatfield issues with the family in-fighting for control, and I'm not sure if I'll ever get the chance to shop there again. Had to get what groceries I could at the best prices around here before that option wasn't available any longer. Good thing you didn't ask for photos on Saturday!

Hee hee! Nice! I knew I liked you, CG ;) I have the same Tupperware celery container and green covered bowl. And our fridges are very similar :cool: I really like having the drawers to help organize things.

Last edited:

I shop on the second of each month. Who knows if they will be there in August. :angel:

You and Dawg are so right.....I had a few shakes in some chicken broth to taste it. Delish!

So glad you like it, Kayelle, we knew you would! You need to try it in fried rice, my fave is with grilled pineapple!

Hee hee! Nice! I knew I liked you, CG ;) I have the same Tupperware celery container and green covered bowl. And our fridges are very similar :cool: I really like having the drawers to help organize things.

AND Sweet Baby Ray's BBQ sauce, and Gulden's, and Hershey's syrup, and an old Good Seasons bottle. Are you my twin? :LOL:

I have a skinny drawer between the two produce drawers. I use it as my cheese drawer. Nothing but cheese! It's one of Himself's favorite places to go on a treasure hunt.

I will have to wait until I get home from work, but I wanna play, too. Just found this thread.

There's no way I'm playing...I have way too much stuff in my fridge right now to show the world a picture of it...including a 1/2 gal jar of homemade kimchee (oh, wait, that is the condiment fridge in the basement). That's right, other than keeping things I use all the time in the upstairs fridge, those things I don't use all the time are in the basement fridge. What I DO NOT have in the fridge: yellow (yech!) mustard, ketchup (don't use it), sweet pickle relish, mayonnaise (make it up on an as needed basis), or miracle whip (can't stand the stuff), bottled salad dressings, BBQ sauce. What I do have...3 kinds of miso, ginger in a jar of sherry, vegetarian hoisin sauce, jars of horseradish, maple syrup, more maple syrup, butter, more butter, yogurt starter, yogurt, more yogurt, two bins full of veggies from the gardens, jars of pickles, more pickles, preserved lemons...a bit of cheese, almond milk, cream, 1/2 and 1/2, coffee cream, sour cream, cream cheese, cottage cheese...cider vinegar with mother, some saskatoon berry syrup, lingonberry sauce, lingonberry salsa, lingonberry jelly, lingonberry syrup (hmmmm.....),. pomegranate molasses (does that really have to be in the fridge?), a block of gjetost cheese ... no meat at the moment--that is in the freezer. Whereas the single male's stereotypical fridge contains beer and leftover pizza, mine contains CONDIMENTS.

This the season where very little meat will be eaten between now and the end of the garden season.

Note to self: No more condiments requiring refrigeration. One has to go if new one comes in (sort of like buying new clothes...).

Last edited:
Condiment door.

Lots of odd things, Shrek has taken to pulverizing nuts so he can eat them, so many of the containers have walnuts, pecan, pistachios, cashews, sunflower seeds. There is a container of pickled eggs. Anything healthy looking is mine.

And then this was in the fridge when I went to take the pictures.

Attachments

• door.jpg
    door.jpg
    119.8 KB · Views: 131
  • insides.jpg
    insides.jpg
    150.3 KB · Views: 129
  • in the fridge.jpg
    in the fridge.jpg
    60.3 KB · Views: 41
...(oh, wait, that is the condiment fridge in the basement). That's right, other than keeping things I use all the time in the upstairs fridge...
You're living my dream CW! I wish I had a second fridge just for condiments, grains, flour, nuts, etc. Maybe when we move back to OH - I'm not moving a second fridge! You also have His and Hers homes. *sigh* Yup, you're living my dream. :LOL:

Back
Top Bottom