You could fry an egg on my chest....

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Vera .. the dw and i went to the beach yesterday ...
she put tanning lotion on .. no spf .. did not get burned ..
i just sat there watching the wild horses and my back is torched ..

I don't tan, I burn so I always cover up when outside. And I am glad someone mentioned the bacon to go with the eggs, LOL.

Wow! You wrinkle-free posters are amazing!

I don't know anyone over 30 who is wrinkle-free!

Lee

Age - 52. No wrinkles. I think it's the oily skin that keeps me from wrinkling. Fortunatley, daily showers keep oily skin at bay without causing me dry-skin problems.

I've never avoided the sun, bun't also can't stand to sun-bathe. I overheat too easily for that. I don't usually ware hats either, summer or winter. I also have all of my hair and it's jsut starting to show a hint of grey.

On the down side, I can seem to get under 222 lbs., and am diabetic. Plus, the 52 year old body won't jump tall buildings in a single bound any more.:( But I still take stairs well, and have good wind. Can't run far due to calf injury several years back. But I can walk briskly a long, long way.

Seeeeeeya; Goodweed of the North

i thought this was funny.

was at doctors , fairly new one, he said, boy you sure don't look your age. i said "it is good skin and a push-up bra.":ROFLMAO: he really laughed a lot.

babe

my dad is 85 and has all of his own teeth, seemingly every hair he was born with (snow white since his 30's), and not a single wrinkle.

not one!

he has pink, oily skin, and has avoided the sun like a plague his entire life, like any intelligent irishman. we always had the biggest umbrella DOWN THE SHORE (jeeks - :dry:) or on rockaway beach, just for dad.

vb, i'm guessing that lou has grown through his hair? a chrome dome? or was it so hot that he got one of those floridian "through the hair" scalp burns?

all of my sisters and my brother have irish skin. one, who sunbathed in baby oil in the late 60's and 70's has had several cancers removed. one avoids the sun and looks young for 50+. the other two sunbathed a lot, and are getting very wrinkly.
it always surprises me to see them age. they'll always be my bigger sisters, deserving of constant ridicule and torture, no matter what... :cool:

happily, i have norwegian skin, like my mom. we tan like gods, and live forever.
or so i hope.

i have friends in their mid twenties who would have never guessed that i was 43 until i told them.
i got hit on by a 23 year old chick recently, who guessed i was around 32, or 33. it freaked (creeped) her out when i told her i was old enough to be her dad. :)

a joke around my job is that our youthful appearance is really just all of the radiation from working in television. as soon as you retire, you shrivel and dry up like a well staked vampire.

blahhh!

I don't know from vinegar or baking soda.
But I, being fair andstrawberry blonde have always used
witch hazel on a washcloth and aloe vera. And a hot bath, as hot as you can stand.​

quckie, the last thing that you want to do is heat up burned skin with a hot bath. more heat = more cell damage.

a cold bath, then lots of freshly sliced and ground (or should i say gooped) aloe vera slathered all over the burned areas works well, finished off by a good rub down with baby oil while still wet and goopy from the shower and aloe (i'm not going there with vb! :cool:) seems to be a good remedy.

Happily, I'm healing....and that frying pan that had been my chest is now itchy! That's always a good sign.

Next weekend, perhaps I'll use SPF 8!

Thanks for all the thoughts and ideas. I always appreciate knowing you'll all laugh and chat with me. and even get scolded by red kitty:ermm:

I have to say I'm completely jealous.
I should be halfway to dark and tired of the sun.
Not even close.... it's been like Seattle here since early April. I had a little red the 1st time I mowed the lawn, and it's been too wet to even do that.
Today is lawnmowing day, before the next week of monsoons starts. Maybe I'll get a little more today.
Wish me luck!

Back
Top Bottom