You could fry an egg on my chest....

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

VeraBlue

Executive Chef
VeraBlue is going to have to change her name to VeraBlue because she spent the day down the shore....and has enough colour to last well....till next weekend;).

Yeah, I know all about those SPFs, but the last two weekends were total washouts, and I love having a tan. So, while I did use a sun block, it was a pitiful number 4:ermm:. My skin, while coloured a bright and festive shade of red, alright, is hot enough to fry eggs on.

Who wants bacon???:pig:

I know, in the bed, tonight, I'll be leaving great big hotspots all over the place. Lou forgot his hat, but usually sits beneath the umbrella, anyway. You should see the top of his head, just from the few times he ventured out.

Ouch.:(

I love to get a tan. I know it's bad, everyone (even though I don't ask) tells me so. It's like a drug to me. Just can't stop. I use the age old excuse that I have a fairly dark complexion. I did buy sunblock this year. Now if I could only remember where it is I put it. Truthfully I no longer bake but don't get out of the way of the rays either.

Oh Vera!! That is SO bad for your skin! Bad Bad Bad.....you don't want skin cancer do you?! Now you wear your sunscreen from now on missy!

as i have said before, if cancer doesn't scare you, the wrinkles should.my daughter was a sun lover and i guess still is. her skin makes her look ten years older.

i have stayed out of sun all my life. no wrinkles at 70. now all the friends here in sunny calif. have damaged and older looking skin. not bragging, just a fact.

babe:cool::cool:

as i have said before, if cancer doesn't scare you, the wrinkles should.my daughter was a sun lover and i guess still is. her skin makes her look ten years older.

i have stayed out of sun all my life. no wrinkles at 70. now all the friends here in sunny calif. have damaged and older looking skin. not bragging, just a fact.

babe:cool::cool:
:) I tan quickly just my 1 hour walk in the mornings has tanned me real well but at 50 still no wrinkles it really depends on your skin type. Vera, Dr. Oz says to soak in a tub with a couple alka selters. My remedy is to sponge skin with some lightly diluted apple cider vinegar. Make sure it's real apple vinegar and not the colored kind. If you can get a good real cider vinegar at the health food store even better. Aloe Vera is good as well.

I get brown just walking out to the garage. No wrinkles here. I think for me it's in my genes.

No wrinkles for me either at 61 and half. I stay out of the sun but if I do go outside , I wear a hat to protect my face and eyes.

Vera, it sounds like you had a good weekend. Well, worth a little red skin.

Vera, it sounds like you had a good weekend. Well, worth a little red skin.
:) Ya, but don't do it again it's not worth the discomfort. You can start with some self tanners with sun screen and then tan slowly. By the way what is your skin type? Even with my skin I can burn but not just by walking in the morning but the foolish things I did when I was younger at high elevations.

Wow! You wrinkle-free posters are amazing!

I don't know anyone over 30 who is wrinkle-free!

Lee

Wow! You wrinkle-free posters are amazing!

I don't know anyone over 30 who is wrinkle-free!

Lee

If I'm flat on my back, slightly tilted with my head on the low end, and you are REALLY drunk, I might appear to be wrinkle free :LOL:

Glad you had a good day at the beach Vera! I got a bit lobstery myself last Saturday. Sometimes a little sun just feels good.

I think DW has some worry lines, and a couple of frown lines, but that is about it. She is pretty good about taking care of her skin especially since she works outdoors. Somehow, she manages to end the season with barely any tan at all....

:) I tan quickly just my 1 hour walk in the mornings has tanned me real well but at 50 still no wrinkles it really depends on your skin type. Vera, Dr. Oz says to soak in a tub with a couple alka selters. My remedy is to sponge skin with some lightly diluted apple cider vinegar. Make sure it's real apple vinegar and not the colored kind. If you can get a good real cider vinegar at the health food store even better. Aloe Vera is good as well.
I've been doing the aloe....also do a baking soda paste, too. That helps. I tan very easily, still have ahem, monthly breakouts, and at 46, my skin still looks like I'm in my 30s. Luckily, my family doesn't wrinkle overmuch. My mom, at 72, could pass for 62, easily. Still, I am aware of the dangers of tanning. But, it looks sooooooooo good...

:) Ya, but don't do it again it's not worth the discomfort. You can start with some self tanners with sun screen and then tan slowly. By the way what is your skin type? Even with my skin I can burn but not just by walking in the morning but the foolish things I did when I was younger at high elevations.
haha, I did the self tanners, back in late April and early May. Then, I usually tan slowly at first. This season, however, it did nothing but rain each weekend...so I had to catch up.

Awe Vera... I'm sorry!!! I know that has to hurt and yea, not really good for your skin (i'm sure you know that) but it happens anyhow. I would like my eggs and bacon well done please!

Back
Top Bottom