You couldn't pay me enough to eat...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
You can always ignore a thread you're not interested in, Steve. Please don't go.

I really don't like curry.

I reserve the word hate in my daily life for very few things. Personally I think it's an ugly word and the only food I've tried and truly hate is brussel sprouts. They are the work of the devil and nobody will ever make me eat another one. It's perfectly ok with me if you love them. So there you have it.

Last edited:
Well, for good or ill, I enjoy most if not all of the items mentioned in this thread. I certainly don't expect everyone to like everything I enjoy. Everyone is their own person with likes and dislikes. These differences, in my opinion, make the world a very interesting place. How mundane and boring would it be if everyone liked the same things? I do believe the DC is the most interesting, diverse, and extraordinary place dedicated to the enjoyment of food anywhere. The very differences between us is exactly what makes this place so enjoyable. Just my humble opinion, mind you.
Good for you, Hoot. I was trying to give you a line of thumbs up but they won't work.

I reserve the word hate in my daily life for very few things. Personally I think it's an ugly word and the only food I've tried and truly hate is brussel sprouts. They are the work of the devil and nobody will ever make me eat another one. It's perfectly ok with me if you love them. So there you have it.
Isn't it funny how brussels sprouts are never just "OK" - we either love 'em or hate 'em - no middle line!

(Don't worry, Kayelle, I'll always eat yours if you need a volunteer.)

Last edited:
Isn't it funny how brussels sprouts are never just "OK" - we either love 'em or hate 'em - no middle line!

(Don't worry, Kayelle, I'll always eat yours if you need a volunteer.)

You may have mine too, MC. I despise the little round balls of h*ll.

I've tried to like them, I really have. I would rather eat my way through an entire vat of cilantro.

Last edited:
You may have mine too, MC. I despise the little round balls of h*ll.

I've tried to like them, I really have. I would rather eat my way through an entire vat of cilantro.
Thank you, Dawg, I really will enjoy them.

I'm rather ashamed to say this but I like cilantro too. I'm one of those people for whom it doesn't taste soap-y.

(Creeps away trying to look inconspicuous)

Last edited:
Thank you, Dawg, I really will enjoy them.

I'm rather ashamed to say this but I like cilantro too. I'm one of those people for whom it doesn't taste soap-y.

(Creeps away trying to look inconspicuous)
No slinking for me! I am out and proud to declare I love brussel sprouts (although overcooked they are rendered unappetising) and cilantro for that matter.
bolt.gif

Tastes can also change. Since my mum's dementia became more pronounced she eats certain foods she disliked before...

Last edited:
I'll eat anything that's not potentially poisonous. Including everything mentioned on this thread.

I love cilantro and Brussels sprouts.

I made Killer Brussels spouts last night -- shredded, mixed with shallot and red and orange peppers and garlic. Sautéed with butter and evoo.

Brussel sprouts can be rendered more palatable by being blanched, halved then stir fried with pancetta and/or chestnuts - particularly attractive as a xmas side dish.

I seem to recall that cabbage and brussel sprouts get a bad press mostly emanating from excessive/overcooking. When they are cooked properly i.e. not soggy and still retaining some of their flavour, they can be redeemed.

Last edited:
Well, By choice, one needn't read every topic.

Don't serve me Kale. Way too healthy plus I don't like the Name, have no idea what it tastes like..

There. This is a refreshing confession. Now may I have a cookie?
I'm with you on kale. I have tried it and I don't like it.

Each to his or her own but I knew it as cattle food in my youth. Nothing against cattle but Kale's not for me.

Here's your cyber ginger oatie cookie, Whisky. Enjoy!

I'm in the 'love cilantro' camp, but I totally get that not everyone is. My late mom loved Mexican dishes, but I had to be really careful about the cilantro - she just wasn't a fan. A tiny bit was OK, so I always reserved some chopped cilantro to add to my plate at the table.

I like Brussels sprouts shredded in a slaw, or chopped and sautéed crisp tender with bacon and onions, but not boiled to death like we had to eat when I was growing up. :ohmy::ermm: That put me off Brussels sprouts for decades.

Beef liver....now that's something I've tried several times and tried to like. I've seen wonderful pics that have inspired me, and tried different ways....I just don't like it and at this point never will. :neutral:

Back
Top Bottom