"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > The Back Porch > Off Topic Discussions

Old 04-14-2009, 01:07 PM   #1
Everymom

You have GOT to be KIDDING!!!!

So yesterday I was out in shirtsleeves walking the dog...it rained in the evening...all in all a truly lovely spring day.

This morning I woke up to 3 inches of snow...unhappy, but not totally ticked off quite then. Drove through the piles if white crap to take youngest daughter to school, roads icky but drivable. Now however the wind is HOWLING and freaking out the dog...the snow is blowing sideways because it is basically a stupid blizzard out there. The poor birds in my trees look like they are glued to the branches, afraid to move in case they get blown to Saskatchewan. BAH!

It is bloody April 14th!!! I am so DONE with winter! Who do I write to with a complaint about this ridiculous weather????

Old 04-14-2009, 01:27 PM   #2
Chef Extraordinaire

Site Moderator

Location: I live in the Heartland of the United States - Western Kentucky
But, Alix, how you REALLY feel?

We're having unseasonably cold and wet weather here, too. I, like you, am sooooo ready for real spring weather.

Old 04-14-2009, 01:43 PM   #3
Certified Pretend Chef

What do you expect, living about six feet from the Arctic Circle?

Come South to sometimers sunny and almost tropical Massachusetts where we haven't had freezing temperatures since way back on April 13th!
Old 04-14-2009, 01:51 PM   #4
Everymom

Thanks for the giggle Andy. And Katie, its nice to know I'm not the only one wondering when Spring will show up!
Old 04-14-2009, 01:55 PM   #5
Sous Chef

Here we are suffering from unusual heat wave and you have unseasonably cold.
radhuni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2009, 01:59 PM   #6
Chef Extraordinaire

Send a message via MSN to kitchenelf
Alix - I won't mention the beautiful mid 70's weather from the weekend - I'll only mention the nasty rain we have had. It's been unusually cold here too. Actually, from one Tuesday to the next Tuesday (last month) it was the record low and the record high with a 70-degree difference between the two days.

"Count yourself...you ain't so many" - quote from Buck's Daddy
kitchenelf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2009, 02:05 PM   #7
Executive Chef

I'm like 20 or 30 miles as the crow flies from Kitchenelf but we have huge variances in temps because she's closer to the mountains and I'm closer to the lake. She's about 10 degrees colder than us right now (according to the internet and my thermometer outside), how weird is that? This weather is driving me nuts. I can't get a handle on my clothes or anything. If there was anything good about not working, it's not having to figure out clothing for this crud we're having.
Old 04-14-2009, 02:13 PM   #8
Everymom

Quote:
Originally Posted by kitchenelf View Post
Alix - I won't mention the beautiful mid 70's weather from the weekend - I'll only mention the nasty rain we have had. It's been unusually cold here too. Actually, from one Tuesday to the next Tuesday (last month) it was the record low and the record high with a 70-degree difference between the two days.
You don't have to gloat, we had beautiful weather all weekend too! So I started to BELIEVE that spring was coming and this SNOW was a rude and nasty shock to my system. I heard the warning on the evening news but chose to ignore it. BAH!
Old 04-14-2009, 02:21 PM   #9
Senior Cook

We had hail and rain storms for Easter day, but it has been beautiful yesterday and today. Go figure!
Old 04-14-2009, 02:24 PM   #10
Executive Chef

Friday we had some great thunder storms. I turned off all the lights and enjoyed nature's show. The weekend was amazing. Now we're back to yuck. I've been waiting for 2 weeks for my lawn to be dry enough to mow. It's been a wild season.