You have GOT to be KIDDING!!!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Alix

Everymom
Moderator Emeritus
So yesterday I was out in shirtsleeves walking the dog...it rained in the evening...all in all a truly lovely spring day.

This morning I woke up to 3 inches of snow...unhappy, but not totally ticked off quite then. Drove through the piles if white crap to take youngest daughter to school, roads icky but drivable. Now however the wind is HOWLING and freaking out the dog...the snow is blowing sideways because it is basically a stupid blizzard out there. The poor birds in my trees look like they are glued to the branches, afraid to move in case they get blown to Saskatchewan. BAH!

It is bloody April 14th!!! I am so DONE with winter! Who do I write to with a complaint about this ridiculous weather????:wacko:

What do you expect, living about six feet from the Arctic Circle?

Come South to sometimers sunny and almost tropical Massachusetts where we haven't had freezing temperatures since way back on April 13th!

Thanks for the giggle Andy. And Katie, its nice to know I'm not the only one wondering when Spring will show up!

Alix - I won't mention the beautiful mid 70's weather from the weekend - I'll only mention the nasty rain we have had. It's been unusually cold here too. Actually, from one Tuesday to the next Tuesday (last month) it was the record low and the record high with a 70-degree difference between the two days. :rolleyes:

I'm like 20 or 30 miles as the crow flies from Kitchenelf but we have huge variances in temps because she's closer to the mountains and I'm closer to the lake. She's about 10 degrees colder than us right now (according to the internet and my thermometer outside), how weird is that? This weather is driving me nuts. I can't get a handle on my clothes or anything. If there was anything good about not working, it's not having to figure out clothing for this crud we're having.

Alix - I won't mention the beautiful mid 70's weather from the weekend - I'll only mention the nasty rain we have had. It's been unusually cold here too. Actually, from one Tuesday to the next Tuesday (last month) it was the record low and the record high with a 70-degree difference between the two days. :rolleyes:

You don't have to gloat, we had beautiful weather all weekend too! So I started to BELIEVE that spring was coming and this SNOW was a rude and nasty shock to my system. I heard the warning on the evening news but chose to ignore it. BAH!

We had hail and rain storms for Easter day, but it has been beautiful yesterday and today. Go figure!

Friday we had some great thunder storms. I turned off all the lights and enjoyed nature's show. The weekend was amazing. Now we're back to yuck. I've been waiting for 2 weeks for my lawn to be dry enough to mow. It's been a wild season.

The adjectives I'm thinking of to describe the weather would all show up as ***** on here. LOL. I am just going to say BAD WORD BAD WORD BAD WORD!!!

Reporting from California, it is cold and we're stuck indoors anyway due to this freak wind advisory. The dogs are going nuts here too.

It's no blizzard though, sorry Alix! Sounds awful.

dagnabbit, that isn't cool for you, alix!
pittsburgh, PA weather is very moody, too!

still gloomy and windy and chilly here in so calif. we are so spoiled with good weather that we don't do cold,rain and windy very well. it really affects my mood and makes me gloomy as well. soon we will be bemoaning the heat. lol

It's supposed to be "Spring" here today, but so far it's still f**in freezing!

At least it's not that awful windy, cold rain from yesterday. :rolleyes:

Spring seems to be becoming a one-day season around here. :(

Spring seems to be becoming a one-day season around here. :(
That is the best description yet. All the s-word has melted now, and yesterday was bright and fairly warm but windy. Today its overcast, and gloomy. It looks like rain (which is OK) but they are forecasting possible s-word AGAIN! (So NOT OK!!)

Its bloody April 16th! I am not asking for blooming flowers or suntanning on the deck...just something other than having to wear a winter coat and carry a SHOVEL would be nice. Phooey.

OK, I'm going to go have some more coffee and go to my happy place.

Back
Top Bottom