You knew it was coming...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Chief Longwind Of The North

Certified/Certifiable
With this topic, I'm changing hats. Now I'm asking what you want in your heart of hearts. Again, 6 allowed wishes, but they must be attainable in some degree, and something you can work toward.

1. Though it is strong, and my love for her is great, my first wish is to better express my love to my wife.

2. Be more effective with my various Church Callings

3. Strengthen my Faith

4. Get a catering business going so as to be able to move it, and my wife and self to Washington State, where most of my children plan on living

5. Be someone that helps others in some way, even if it is something as simple as teaching them a skill that brings them joy.

6. Have the courage and energy to be a catalyst to help others stand up and fight for righteousness, and condemn unrighteousness in the world.

Seeeeeeya; Goodweed of the North

I suppose I haven't paid much attention, but didn't realize you were a guy. The goals you mention are all lofty and worthwhile and will certainly make our world a better one, especially if enough people participate in them. I'm involved in quite a few things thru my church - distribution of food to the needy, prayer room ministry, ladies visitation to hospitals and nursing homes, and a tea ministry that 2 of my friends and I take to homebound and those not able to get to church. As much as these help those we minister to, we are the recipient in many ways and certainly find much to be thankful for. I hope you are able to accomplish the things you mention.

1. Be a better wife.

2. Read my bible more and pray more.

3. Be a more effective witness for God.

4. Think less about myself and more about others.

5. Pass National Boards (hopefully the first time because I can't take the stress and expense of going through it longer).

6. Get into eBay more than we have so far.

:) Barbara

1) stick to my guns more.
2) try get past my Maths "phobia".
3) get some Arsenic to complete Group 5 of my element collection.
4) be a Better Witch.
5) stop wishing my Daughter was a bit older so I can talk to her (that`ll anyway I know, but Im so looking forwards to it).
6) to have the majority of Current problems sorted in 365.25 days time!

wow, thinking of all that stuff wasn`t easy!
do me a fave, don`t ask stuff like that again for at least another year! :-p

1) Life of Cristiano hasn't always been happy. I hope it will be much better in coming future, and I hope I can do a little bit to help for attaining this.

2) All 3 of Cristiano's children have their problems. I hope we can find a solution for them and they will all have a healthy, happy future.

3) I would like to improve my Italian further, and when I feel ready, I would like to learn another language, possibly Spanish or Russian.

4) I wish to be less sarcastic and cynical

5) I would like to learn more aspects of IT so I can be more of a help to Cristiano

6) I hope we can make our new home as perfect as we dream of as soon as possible!!

Health and happiness for those I love, and the ability to help them obtain it, if necessary.

Peace and contentment for my parents.

The strength for my sister to battle and conquer her own demons.

I wish my daughter could accept that even the very best people have some flaws...and those flaws are usually small enough to overlook.

I wish my son will always trust in his own strength and ethics, as much as everyone else does.

Oh, how I'd love that B&B down the shore.

Golly gosh. You guys are much too nice for me to be in your company. But here goes, with my entirely selfish wishes:

1. When we move into our new home, I don't want to have problems with the goat farmer up the valley using our land, as he has been for the last 20 odd years.

2. I want lots of work this year (and other years) so I can earn enough to pay for all the things we're going to need for our new home.

3. When I complain, I want to be taken seriously.

4. I want my partner's business partner to start pulling her weight so that I get to spend more time with him.

5. I want to work towards becoming a successful gardener.

6. I want to find a source of decent apple trees in Spain.

Failing these, winning the lottery would do!

Here's my list (we'll see how well I do):

1. To TRY to lose my excess weight (currently 150 lbs over my ideal weight).

2. To not let things bother me, and try to keep the stress down.

3. Not to be as 'anal' about things as I am currently.

4. To get better control over my cursing ( the s***, d***, and h*** words).

5. To not get frustrated and angry (overly so) at my brother who can't/won't find a job (the major cause of my hair pulling right now).

6. To let by-gones BE by-gones.

and 1 more:

7. To drink more water (I'm a cola gal all the way!).

1. A sudden great discovery in stem cell research, so that the nerve damage in my back could be corrected, allowing me to lead a normal life again.

2. For my husband to remain healthy so he can enjoy a long retirement.

3. For our oldest grandson to become a man, as we raised him to be, and not a bum like his father was.

4. For my daughter to find happiness and fulfillment.

5. For all of us to learn love, tolerance, and respect for each other.

6. That somehow we can stop destroying this beautiful world our maker has given us.

1. To work on my relationship and plan for married life

2. To continue to work on my weight loss, I have 40 odd more pounds to lose (If I can lose 60 I can lose another 40 right?)

3. To be a better work colleague and improve my job performance

4. To find more opporunities to help out in my local community

5. To be a better friend

1. To be a better mother & listen more to the little things my kids are saying.

2. Tell my hubby more often how much he means to me.

3. Take control of my fears & not let them control me.

4. Learn to love more freely.

5. Take less for granted.

6. Take more time to "stop & smell the roses".

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom