You know how you...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Chief Longwind Of The North

Certified/Certifiable
I've known for years not to handle peppers and then touch my fingers to my eyes, nose, lips, etc. Now I've found a substance that should be kept away from the nose.

You see, I made some cavatapi with herbed tomato sauce and finished it with some truffle salt (a divine combibation of died truffle flakes and Italian Sea Salt). It's been a good half hour since I took that pinch of truffle salt and sprinkled it over the pasta. I have been doing computer stuff continuously since then. Well, as luck would have it, I felt a mild itch on my upper lip and scrated it with the index finger that had pinched the salt. As I said, it's truly wonderful stuff, in the right place that is. I will be smelling truffles for the next hour or two now. And to make things worse, I have to make cinamon rolls for a church pot-luck tomorrow. This stuff is going to mess up my ability to accurately taste test things.

Oh, woe is me.:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Moral of the story; keep fingers that have been used with highly aromatic things away from the now and upper lip!:LOL:

Seeeeeeya; Goodweed of the North
(What a thing to complain about. Have mercy.)

Did you try the stainless under water trick? It always works with onions and garlic, wonder if it'd work with truffles?

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom