You know you're old when ...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I had a complete set of the wheat pattern of dishes including all the serving pieces. I got them from the detergent. I also got a complete set of smokey glasses. It was all a services for eight. Even though there were only six of us, I was ready for company. They sat in the china closet looking so pretty. After I had those completed, I started on a set for everyday use from the supermarket. That was only a service for six. And I didn't get all of the serving pieces. They were white with a fluted edge and trimmed in gold.

Now I see those dishes at flea markets and in second-hand stores.:chef:

When I was a kid my mom collected the wheat pattern dishes. My father had a fit when he found a big metal can filled with detergent that my mother had stashed away. She bought several boxes each time a new piece came out. As I remember he had quite a few fits! :LOL:

You know your old when you ask a 21 yr old what a phonograph is and they stare at you blankly and say..........." That's a lie detector machine, right? " :ROFLMAO:

Bear in mind I asked him this question strictly for the giggle factor!

pacanis said:
They don't have girdles anymore?
They really need to bring those back :whistling

They have Spanx and high test undies now, Pac. Even for men!

You know you're old when you hear a kid in the line at the movies asking, "There's a book of Lord of the Rings?" and it takes all you have not to teach him.

Back
Top Bottom