You lurkers, feel free to join in!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

JustJoel

Executive Chef
I was looking at the list of currently active and active in the last 24 hours lists at the bottom of the “Forums” page and noticed many usernames that were unfamiliar to me.

Not that I don’t love all of you regular posters, but hey lurkers! A decidedly unofficial invitation, but feel free to join in, please! When I first joined, I was a bit intimidated, but the group is so friendly and helpful that I felt comfortable here almost immediately! We have a lot of fun (and learn a lot, too)! :chef:

Color me embarrassed... :blush:

With almost 2 years and over 2700 posts, I have never truly explored this site..

The "Forums" page is fascinating..

I am not a lurker but, will seem so as I spend time checking things out I have not done previously..

Ross

I was looking at the list of currently active and active in the last 24 hours lists at the bottom of the “Forums” page and noticed many usernames that were unfamiliar to me.

Not that I don’t love all of you regular posters, but hey lurkers! A decidedly unofficial invitation, but feel free to join in, please! When I first joined, I was a bit intimidated, but the group is so friendly and helpful that I felt comfortable here almost immediately! We have a lot of fun (and learn a lot, too)! :chef:

Joel, I was just about to post something similar on my cooking game, but to the many "guests" this site receives. I do see occasionally, guests registering but seldom see them post anything. It is a shame that there are usually only around a dozen or more members on here at one time and then only a few contribute anything. I know I'm fairly new here and I do "talk" a lot, but I hope everyone knows that I am just trying to do my share.;)

I think this is the case with most all public forums out there. You basically have the same 48 members posting frequently and keeping the forums active, regardless, whether you have 2,500 or 25,000 registered members.

Joel, I was just about to post something similar on my cooking game, but to the many "guests" this site receives. I do see occasionally, guests registering but seldom see them post anything. It is a shame that there are usually only around a dozen or more members on here at one time and then only a few contribute anything. I know I'm fairly new here and I do "talk" a lot, but I hope everyone knows that I am just trying to do my share.;)
Joel, I think we were on the same page, but different link lol (I've been to yours many times also.) I was using the bottom link to see who was online from the "Quick Links". It is interesting to see what the guests are looking at. They keep pulling up the most interesting stuff. This place is really remarkable.

Last edited:
We coined the term "lurker surfing" years ago here to describe the act of looking at how many guests were accessing the site, and checking out what threads they were reading.

It brings up some really great old posts.

We coined the term "lurker surfing" years ago here to describe the act of looking at how many guests were accessing the site, and checking out what threads they were reading.

It brings up some really great old posts.

You mean you all are calling me a "lurker"? Well, close your curtain. :LOL:

You mean you all are calling me a "lurker"? Well, close your curtain. :LOL:
If by “coin a phrase” you mean that “lurker” is an invention of the DC denizens, I’m afraid you’re mistaken. I’ve been using that word for years, ever since the advent of “bulletin boards!”

If by “coin a phrase” you mean that “lurker” is an invention of the DC denizens, I’m afraid you’re mistaken. I’ve been using that word for years, ever since the advent of “bulletin boards!”

You quoted the wrong poster. ;)

Last edited by a moderator:
The phrase that I believe was coined here was "lurker surfing", meaning to look into what the lurkers were looking at.

Not just the term lurker.

Love the term "lurker surfing". :LOL: I've done that, especially around the holidays - I've found a lot of useful information from what guests are reading. :chef:

I just now looked down at the bottom of the Forums page and saw this:

The most members online over 24 hours was 81, 09-25-2018 at 05:53 AM.

I wonder what topic brought so many members here early in the morning on that particular date last year. :huh:

That stat has changed a lot in many years. it's usually the busiest around American Thanksgiving. I wonder how it gets reset? Software upgrade, maybe?

That stat has changed a lot in many years. it's usually the busiest around American Thanksgiving. I wonder how it gets reset? Software upgrade, maybe?

Probably. Yeah, I get that it changes, but here is the newest stat about most views online - that had to have been an American Thanksgiving cooking topic. :chef::LOL:
Most users ever online was 1,436, 11-22-2018 at 09:48 AM.

Guess I better just go watch a movie instead of trying to analyze this! :ROFLMAO:

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom