You think we pay too much for gas?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
AlexR said:
Yes.

The oil companies are a bunch of fat cats who are taking us for a ride (take a look at their profits!!!) with the complicity of governments.

Half of the oil-producing countries have formed a cartel (OPEC), and even if they weren't out to earn the most money, thier production potential is practically is presently working at full capacity.

And, let's not forget taxes in all this. Where I live (France) ***82%*** of what I pay at a service station goes to the state.

Best regards,
Alex R.

That is a very important element that you have just added to this thread...

Thanks

Andy M. said:
My answer is, "Yes". We are being charged too much for gas. How much gas costs in other countries is not relevant to our situation, especially if the difference is in taxes.

It angers me that gas prices are at or near an all-time high and at the very same time the oil companies announce record profits. Then the calmly blame the hight prices on the price of oil or the conversion to ethanol, or switching from cold to warm weather formulas... Anything to hide the truth!

Recognizing that this is a free enterprise society and they get to charge what ever they want, a consumer boycott is the only action that will have any effect. Unfortunately, we are a mobile society with population spread out over a very large area. We cannot do without the auto. We can only cut back minimally. What are you going to do, drive half way to work to save gas?

I'm angry and frustrated that the oil companies know all this and take advantage of the situation to make their profits.

It seems to me that the free energy technology, that has been around since the early 1900's, that was invented by Nicoli Tesala (hope I spelled that right), as well as the the original technology developed by Mr. Diesel - which was originally invented to use vegetable oils - have been kept out of the market, I find, is highly regrettable and a burden on us all (globally)

Lizannd said:
to the grocery store more than once a week to do our shopping. And if all of the 12 kids on my block walked to school TOGETHER it would be safer. And when they met up with the 20 kids from the other three sides of the block there would be quite a group all walking TOGETHER. The older kids could be told to keep an eye on their younger siblings and all the other younger kids. This type of responsibility used to be second nature when I was growing up. It didn't seem to be a problem when my son was growing up. While I realize that not every neighborhood is within walking distance to the elementary school some are and there is no reason that high school kids need to be driven 2 or 3 blocks to school.

"It takes a whole community to raise a child" - Unknown

kimbaby said:
hmmmm why don't they use the corn... seems pretty logical to me.I seen the special on 60 minutes, its kinda a back up plan in case we ever run out of"gas" any one else see this special???

No I didn't see the special, but your question still stands: "hmmmm why don't they use the corn..."? Yes, why? $$$$$

I believe we have choices, we just haven't seen them yet. If we believe we have no choices you can be sure we don't. I know that this is all a bit philosophically in nature, but I am trying not to be political. Not buying gas would mean that everyone would have to work in harmony. To work in harmony to not by gas, as has been done in France, an more than once, on a global basis, would change gas prices very fast. Now who is going to start the ball rolling. You??? :ermm:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom