You were a little girl of the 70's and 80's if...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I love this, so many things are me in a total nutshell! I would add that we played with Cabbage Patch dolls and always kept the names on their “birth certificates” even if we didn't like their assigned name. We also loved My Little Ponies, "Pound Puppies" ( a little bit like the Beanie Babies of the 80's), Care Bears and Troll dolls, had a crush on Michael J Fox (Family Ties!), and idolized the way our moms and aunts dressed – big winged hair and all!

These ones really feel like they were written about me..

You had the “Fisher-Price Doctor’s Kit” with a stethoscope that actually worked. (I quite literally played with this toy every day of my childhood!)

You owned a bicycle with a banana seat and plastic basket with flowers on it. (Pink bike, pink basket)

You spent hours in your backyard on your metal swing set with the trapeze. The swing set tipped over at least once. (We had to tie it to the ground with camping tent pegs!)

You wanted to be Laura Ingalls-Wilder really bad. You wore that Little House on the Prairie-inspired plaid, ruffle shirt with the high neck in at least one school picture, and you despised Nellie Olsen! (I loved Little House, but I preferred the books over the show actually and had the entire series of books lined up on my head-board)

You tried to do a lot of arts and crafts, like yarn and Popsicle-stick God’s eyes, decoupage, or those weird potholders made on a plastic loom. (So true, and let's not forget rug hooking)

You spent all your allowance on scratch and sniff stickers for your sticker album! (I was sticker obsessed, in fact I still love them to this day and often use them on my letters and cards)

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom