Your 4 favorite smells

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

LEFSElover

Executive Chef
horse maneur on a raining day [I'm sorry to disgust you but it's true] ask all of my kids and my husband
puppy breath
newborns heads
chocolate cherry smokers pipe tobacco

what are yours?

I won't argue with the manure smell. Brings me back to summers on the Grandparents'
farm in Ramona KS! Ahhhhhh......

Your sense of smell has the best memory, which is why the smell of apple pie baking can conjure up thoughts of grandma's house, etc.

Having said that, my favorites include the smell of my Daddy. He always smelled so good. Always of Old Spice after shave. I still remember even though it's been well over 30 years and he died when I was 23.

Next, bread baking. I always anticipate the first slice slathered with sweet butter.

Then, the smell of the sheets on my bed after they were dried out on the line.

Lastly, the aroma of Thanksgiving/Christmas dinner cooking and the promise of tasty delights and the joys of time with my family and friends.

There are none better for me.

The smell of the pine trees in the mountains.

Rain.

New cut grass.

Every once in a while I smell my mother's kitchen when I was growing up.

My dad always smelled of motor oil and gasoline.
I miss those smells. Think I'm going to go to a garage
tomorrow :eek:(

Great thread!!

*gasoline.. (Is that weird?..:ermm:)

*my parents basement

*rain

*lemon scented dishwasher soap

p.s. - We have two puppies, and their breath almost makes me gag... You guys are nuts!!:LOL:

1) I love "new electronics" smell, right when you unbox a new amp or CD player.:LOL:

2) The smell of steaks cooking on the grill.

3) Red Perfume.

4) Baking bread.

Not in any order

baking bread
grilled steak
still love the smell of jet fuel
a perfume that brings back pleasant memories....

As much as I love dogs, I've always been neutral on the puppy breath thing :neutral:

Great thread.... but SOOO many lovely smells to chose from!!:wacko:;)

1)the smell of my hubby and children (not BO or a soap smell, just there nateral scent when im cuddling up to them)

2)freshly washed bed sheets

3)the smell of lamb roasting in the oven on a chilly Autumn/winter day (makes me think of growing up)

4)either freshly cut grass or the smell of summer rain

hmmm cheated a bit thats probably 7 smells not 4!! :ROFLMAO:)

My dad always smelled of motor oil and gasoline.
I miss those smells. Think I'm going to go to a garage
tomorrow :eek:(
hahahahahah, that's funny, I'm envisioning you walking into an icy cold garage and taking in a huge ole waft:LOL:
As a little girl growing up in Chatsworth Ca, I would awaken to my horses talking along with our burrow honking. I'm sure the neighbors adored it, not.
Anyway, I'd sneak down to the barn and quietly lie down with my horsies. I'd pet them while they were lying still and they'd let me. Often times I road Sam or Blackstrap to school, where I'd tie him or her up, visit and take an apple during lunch and then ride 'em home. Many times it rained back then and after school, I'd get on a horse and ride to Roy and Dales house and sit on the porch, while Roy sang to us little girls. The smell of horse maneur while it was raining, brings back to me, having a gentle man, Roy Rogers, care so genuinely for us little tiny girls. Ahhhh.....
I only asked for 4 smells but my Norwegian grandparents kitchen/whole house smelled like heaven on earth. What is that white cream called that forms on newborns in the womb? Disgusting again for most I'm sure, but it should be bottled:-p

I agree with most everything already said (except for GASOLINE! Pewwww!)

Got to add BACON!!!! and the wonderful smell of a BBQ smoker.

And when you smoke bacon over cherry wood, oooooo BABY!

Lee

my cats
Lasagna
Fresh air after a rain
Lilacs ( I have 4 big Lilac bushes by the deck) I can hardly wait til it blooms again.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom