Your Best of the 1980s!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
OMG!
I loved everything about the 80's!
The music, the Reaganomics, the movies, the fact that I was so much younger, just everything.
You can't listen to anything "New Wave" and not feel good.

YT2095 said:
other than Beer...

TV: the A-Team, Mork and Mindy, Happy Days, V, Dukes of Hazard.
Movies: Bladerunner, Alien
Songs: Anything by; Sisters of Mercy, Alice Cooper or ELO.
...........sing this corrosion to me.................

What a great era it was indeed.
Now, where did I put my leggings, lace skirt and rubber bracelets??

The 80s huh?? Well I got married in '80 had my first child in 81 second in 84 and third in 87-I was a little busy so I don't remember too much of the 80s except for some Sesame Street, Reading Rainbow and reading golden book after golden book with Dr. Suess thrown in-then in 1990 I took a nap.;)Love and energy, Vicki
PS Licia my hair did look like thaqt but, it wasn't on purpose!!!

huh.. the 80's.. my youth ;o)

we had the "Neue deutsch Welle" (new german wave), a time with lots of german songs, from Nena, Major Tom, Extrabreit.. *hach*

the 80's seemed to be the "hard-rock" era.. twisted sister, alice Cooper,, that was what we heard, too.. but also Tears for Fears, Erasure, DM...

TV: Knight Rider, A-Team, The Fall Guy (I'm still in love with Howie :love: ), Dallas, Denver, Captain Future

movie: Top Gun, Stand by me, Dirty Dancing

what else?
horrible hair, clothes... and the magic cube ;o)

I was in junior high in the 1980's, but I still remember quite a bit.

I saw the movie Wall Street the other night, it was so cutting edge when it came out with the huge cell phones and huge DOS computer systems, but seeing it now, it's a reminder how far technology has advanced since then. I like watching that stuff.

One thing that really stands out in my memory was everytime my girlfriends and I put our purses down on the floor or table, they would make a loud thunk from the cans of hairspray in them, Aqua Net of course!

Last edited:
GB said:
LOL I sure did, and my jeans were pegged.

...but were they as cool as my turquoise-wash zipper-ankled pegged jeans I wore my junior year?

Here's another 80's memory: The Breakfast Club
*(and any Molly Ringwald, John Cusack & John Cryer movie)

I was a recovering hippie fresh out of grad school in a farm town and landed in Chicago with the designer jeans/disco crowd. Everybody was going for their MBA.

MTV got launched and actually played music videos all day. I remember Cindi Lauper stood out for some reason.

mudbug said:
MTV got launched and actually played music videos all day. .

Those were the days. A friend of ours was the first among us to get satellite TV and a big screen projector...we used to go over there on the weekends and watch MTV and VH1 all night. (except Alix brought a book cuz she hated music videos.) :wacko:

Ken said:
Those were the days. A friend of ours was the first among us to get satellite TV and a big screen projector...we used to go over there on the weekends and watch MTV and VH1 all night. (except Alix brought a book cuz she hated music videos.) :wacko:

Ken, cable TV must have come along about that time too, 'cuz I had to go to a friend's to watch it as well.

Just scanned through and I don't think anyone has mentioned the Member's Only jackets, Jordache jeans ( the tighter the better), thin new wave ties.

Movies : Caddyshack, Stripes, Airlplane

Music Ted Nugent (scream dream tour), Scorpoins, Def Lepard, The return of Ozzy (Crazy Train), AC/DC, Van Halen ( when they were good), Prince, and of course Michael Jackson and Thiller and the list could go on and on.

JDP

I guess every decade has its share of high- and low-lights. Most of you seem to have fond memories of some pretty ordinary pop culture (and that is, of course, fine). Sure, there were classics created in movies, music and TV... but I think there was at LEAST as much bad as good.

Now, if we were talking the 70's... THAT was a decade!! LOL

jkath said:
...........sing this corrosion to me.................

What a great era it was indeed.
Now, where did I put my leggings, lace skirt and rubber bracelets??

Being the gothic victorian vampyre tha I am, I adore Sisters of Mercy! That song will always have a place in my heart. Spectacular, and the length is enough to make you feel it will go on and on and on. Would that it could...

OMG, everyone had a Member's only jacket...LOL
What about Sergio Valente? I even had a cat named Sergio!

I loved Alice Cooper, still do. Went to a concert a year and a half ago. He was still as good as ever and he had Cheap Trick open for him. It was a great night.

I might be a little foggy on this but from a food standpoint Cajun and Blackened ( Chef Paul Prudome and K-Pauls Restaurant in new Orleans) protiens became the rage, as well as Buffalo wings spread across the country.

JDP

Zeppelin rocked! Still do. HUGE fan! THough Zep was much more 70s. Poor John Bonham. :neutral: What was he THINKING??:doh: Best drumer ever. :cry: Jerk drank too much. He killed himself. Not by choice. :(

Back
Top Bottom