Your Best of the 1980s!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
JDP - thank you for reminding us about the FOOD!

I do remember one of my daily food staples back in my economics class in '83: a box of Barnum's animal crackers and a coke. (That was classic, before the "new coke" came about a couple of years later)

Anyone have a "tail"? You know, the long piece of hair, generally braided, at the nape of the neck?

My son was born in '83 and he had a tail for years! Poor kid had no choice.
So cute!
In fact, I still have it.

I was a camp counselor in the late 80's and we used to cut the tail off of campers who had them.

jkath said:
JDP - thank you for reminding us about the FOOD!

I do remember one of my daily food staples back in my economics class in '83: a box of Barnum's animal crackers and a coke. (That was classic, before the "new coke" came about a couple of years later)

Anyone have a "tail"? You know, the long piece of hair, generally braided, at the nape of the neck?

My son did!!!!! We never braided it, though! He was born in 1985 and we never cut it till he was 4. He looked sooooo cute with his little tail and his mini club clothes.

OK this one might be a bit obscure and maybe only people who had young kids or were young kids themselves in the 80's might remember this one...

Does anyone remember the show 3-2-1 Contact?

This thread has me thinking back to that time and more memories keep popping up. Such as:

Hair gel
Jovan Musk Cologne
A pierced ear for guys
Men's clogs
Androgony
Rap becoming main stream starting with Blondie's song Rapture
The synthesizer (sp) replacing whole bands
And possibly the roots for the modern day metrosexual male

JDP

My favorite band from the 80's was U2. Going to see the Rolling Stones Farewell Concert. :LOL: Madonna was everywhere. :neutral:

Star Trek reruns. :rolleyes: Elvis Presley was seen here. :angel:

The return of prom night with hoop skirts and tuxedos.

Who could ever forget the new Walmart Discount Store.

Coke/Pepsi Contest. The minivan!!! T-tops.

It was a science based show if I remember correctly.

In truth I remember the name (think they had a magazine for while, too) more than the show itself.

John

jkath said:
My black camaro had T-Tops.

In the 80s, I dressed a lot like Prince. Hey, you can't go wrong with a purple velvet jacket, high heels and spandex.

Are you sure that wasn't Dolly P. in the movie 9-5?

Pretty sure, no. :LOL:The jacket was the only color I wore - everything else was black. Went with the hot pink hair.

jkath said:
My black camaro had T-Tops.

In the 80s, I dressed a lot like Prince. Hey, you can't go wrong with a purple velvet jacket, high heels and spandex.

We saw Prince in Milwaukee on his Little Red Corvette Tour. Vanity 6 opened the show, next The Time ( pre Morris Day and the Time, remember the song Jungle Love) and then Prince. They put on a great show. Next was Purple the Rain album and the movie, where Vanity had to purify herself in the cold waters of Lake Minnetonka.

Wow I thought I would have destroyed these memory cells by now. Didn't Cd's start to make there emergence then as well as cell phones?

JDP

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom