Your Craziest Cooking Experiment...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Barbara L

Traveling Welcome Wagon
...that turned out amazingly good!

I have, through necessity, had to become somewhat creative with meals lately. Some have been good, one was not so good. Tonight's was very weird and amazingly good.

I had some cube steaks and wasn't sure how I wanted to fix them. I didn't want to just throw them in the pan and cook them with a little garlic powder as I often do because the sides I had were not very interesting (green beans and boiled potatoes). I remembered seeing my friend's mom, years ago, put mustard on a roast before roasting (I think I have tried that at least once), so I got the mustard out. Then, when I took the package of meat out of the refrigerator, I saw the pitcher of pancake batter. I had made pancakes the other day and had to stop before I was done using all the batter, so I refrigerated it for later.

I thought, okay this is just a little too weird, but I did it anyway. I squirted the rest of the bottle of mustard (about 1/4 cup) into the batter. It was just enough to make it a pastel yellow. Then I dropped the cube steaks into it and moved them around with my hand to make sure they were all coated. I let them sit in the batter while I got the potatoes boiling and the pan ready for the meat. I let the excess batter drip off each cube steak and fried them in canola oil.

They were totally amazing! I would never have thought about doing that, but I am glad I had the extra pancake batter because James and I both loved them.

Your turn! Share your craziest cooking experiments that turned out amazingly good!

:)Barbara

Either I am the only one here who has experimented with food (highly unlikely!) or I am the only one whose experiment turned out amazingly good (I doubt that too!)!

:-pBarbara

Miss Barbara I've given this some thought, and I don't remember an "experiment" per se. I do have vague memories of being in the kitchen with the DW on several different occasions wondering what we're gonna eat. There may have been some left overs in the fridge etc that we weren't particularly interested in eating again...After all they were leftovers...Then all of a sudden I would say...Ok I know what we're gonna do....30 minutes later we would have some form of soup, stew, gumbo, "stew-fay" etc. ....maybe a stir fry of sorts --- Non of which I could exactly duplicate again. All I know is we didn't go to bed hungry.;) Not an experiment really...more like a flash of creativity!!

LOL That is kind of how this was. We were out of food and I just had to do something to liven up what we did have. Experiment was probably the wrong word. If I think of something better, I might change it. :cool:

:)Barbara

I've done a lot of experimenting with leftovers that i had thrown in the freezer to keep from wasting and you would be surprised at some of the things i've done that with and it's all turned out delicious.

lamb chops with yogurt suace. took twice, since my yogurt speratel on me. :ohmy:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom